Thread: New SD tune won't start

Potential Tuner

New SD tune won't start

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the tuning game, been playing around for years but never built a tune from scratch before. But, I decided to rebuild my LS1 in my 2000 Convertible WS6 and put a turbo on it. During the course of the build many things were upgraded due to necessity. For instance, I used to have prc2.5 heads and a 228r cam, now I have trickflow genx220 heads and a custom ground cam from butler performance with specs:@50 223 / 227, Lift .585 / .585, HR 115 + 3. I also added 60lb injectors from deatchwerks and a 340lph pump with corvette filter/regulator. My turbo kit came form on3, single turbo retains ac. Now to the tune, based off of software calculations, without boost, this new setup and the original NA setup were fairly similar in power output, so I decided I would take my old tune, delete the MAF since its no longer installed, change the OS to 2 bar, since I installed a 12615136, then change the fuel tables for the new injector data, and finally move over the air/fuel/ and spark data as a starting point to fire the engine with tuning to commence after breakin. I completed all of this, not without issue of course, the first of which was that my existing tune was already modified, so I couldn't change the OS, I had to find a stock tune, license it then start from scratch. I was able to successfully do this and make all the other changes I mentioned thanks to many from previous posts on the how to's for that. Then I went to start it. At very first crank each and every attempt, the engine tries to fire, but as it continues to crank I can tell that the engine is missing something. I went back to the forums to see that others had similar issues due to bad MAP's. Mine is currently set at 200/10 and shows 98kpa, but with the key on it acts a little screwy, bouncing around a lot between 98 and 94-95. Does this seem normal to anyone? Also, being a noob at this, is there any quick hitter tips I may have accidentally messed up when trying to copy over my old MAF tune to the new SD? Thanks in advance for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    need much more on log

o2 sensor volts injector PW and fuel system status to start.

what map sensor
    what injectors
    return or dead head system
    baro pressure where you are

Tuner
    timing up top is way too high, set it to 10* until you get your fueling figured out. Your EQ ratio in boost is set at 1.00 you better change it up 1.24-1.26,DFCO should be set to 256*, don't let it go into closed loop either.
    Last edited by DougO; 04-03-2020 at 03:23 PM.