Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mopar performance tcm nag1

Post Mopar performance tcm nag1

I realized after installing my Mopar TCM that it didnt feel any different than stock. After reading and looking over the Mopar TCM file in hptuners, I found that it was no different than the stock file with the minor exception of some warmup tables which are meaningless for performance. I then looked at the calibration and the os doesnt match the number on the sticker. I bought this unit as basically a "new open box" unit without the original packaging. I think I probably was scammed and sold a Mopar tcm that had been flashed with a stock calibration. The pictures show my unit and the matching serial numbers but the different os or part numbers between the sticker and whats in the computer. would anyone happen to have the data thats supposed to be in the mopar tcm so that i can fix this? if not ill have to see if i can open a case with paypal and get a refund but i bought it 2 months ago so im not sure if i will or not.

If anyone has data from a similar performance tcm like the various other ones out there id be open to that too as long as its comparably as good as the Mopar one. I just hate to have wasted my money on this thing. I attached the pictures of the tcm and my hptuners files as proof that this is all my stuff and I can even provide proof of my purchase on paypal if necessary so people dont think im trying to get a free performance tune or something. thanks.

IMG_20200325_221226.jpgIMG_20200325_221212.jpgSRT8 Whipple Base Tune Fan Mopar TCM(fixed).hpt

anybody? theres gotta be somebody on these forums with a nag1 with a performance tcm who can take a read for me with their hptuners software.

Senior Tuner
    Not sure those would be that popular on here. Most would just tune themselves or have someone else do it on a stock TCM. Someone had probably came across one to get a read but not many lurking around the trans tuning section to see this and post it probably.

Darn. Do you or anyone else know basically what fields I should adjust for better longevity of the trans? It's a stock trans but I am running a Whipple so I want to make sure the pressure on the clutches is enough but I'm not looking for a harsh shift either just something that shifts quick and smooth.

anybody??

This is from a Dyno tune 2013 R/T 5.7 Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Nag1
    Maybe you can do some copying. Shifty RPM target is 6k. Nothing radical. 2013_charger_rt_57L_eforce_dyno_tune.hpt
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

thanks ill give that a try

I forgot to add its a 3.25" pulley doing right at 6psi.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler

i copied it over to my tcm and it did help a bit. ever since i installed the whipple my moderate throttle shifts where the engine is seeing a small amount of boost but not full throttle have been more like a hard bump almost like someone is hitting me from the back. way too harsh. light throttle and full throttle is fine just the moderate is messed up. i tried your tune and it was a little bit better in that area. still there but not as bad. do you have that same issue?

No I don't. Try setting your trans back to stock?

i actually started with it at stock settings and it was worse. your tune was a little better

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    I realized after installing my Mopar TCM that it didnt feel any different than stock. After reading and looking over the Mopar TCM file in hptuners, I found that it was no different than the stock file with the minor exception of some warmup tables which are meaningless for performance. I then looked at the calibration and the os doesnt match the number on the sticker. I bought this unit as basically a "new open box" unit without the original packaging. I think I probably was scammed and sold a Mopar tcm that had been flashed with a stock calibration. The pictures show my unit and the matching serial numbers but the different os or part numbers between the sticker and whats in the computer. would anyone happen to have the data thats supposed to be in the mopar tcm so that i can fix this? if not ill have to see if i can open a case with paypal and get a refund but i bought it 2 months ago so im not sure if i will or not.

If anyone has data from a similar performance tcm like the various other ones out there id be open to that too as long as its comparably as good as the Mopar one. I just hate to have wasted my money on this thing. I attached the pictures of the tcm and my hptuners files as proof that this is all my stuff and I can even provide proof of my purchase on paypal if necessary so people dont think im trying to get a free performance tune or something. thanks.

IMG_20200325_221226.jpgIMG_20200325_221212.jpgSRT8 Whipple Base Tune Fan Mopar TCM(fixed).hpt
    Figured I'd make my first post a helpful one. The picture shows you have a 6.1 MTCM but yes maybe someone reset it back to stock which is easy to do.

This is the Mopar Performance TCM part#P5153332, Using the Diablosport i3 I changed the gear ratio and backed up the file each time. I also have my tire size of 28.7" set. If you want the 6.1 MTCM use 'MTCM_P5153854AB_306Gears-287tires-Backup.hpt'

MTCM_P5153854AB_282-Backup.hpt
    MTCM_P5153854AB_306gears-285tires-Backup.hpt
    MTCM_P5153854AB_306Gears-287tires-6400shift-Backup.hpt
    MTCM_P5153854AB_306Gears-287tires-Backup.hpt
    MTCM_P5153854AB_306Gears-287tires-LessFirm-Backup.hpt
    MTCM_P5153854AB_355gears-287tires-Backup.hpt
    MTCM_P5153854AB_373gears-287tires-Backup.hpt
    MTCM_P5153854AB_390gears-287tires-Backup.hpt
    Last edited by iCanuck; 04-25-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Maybe this tune is helpful as well.

It's one I have been working on as I get a hard upshift from 2-3

MTCM_P5153854AB_306Gears-287tires-mod_04-21-2020.hpt

Honestly wish I knew where to start when it comes to modifying the trans. If my car was stock I wouldn't be as timid to try and start

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    Honestly wish I knew where to start when it comes to modifying the trans. If my car was stock I wouldn't be as timid to try and start
    I’ve researched the crap out of nag1 tuning and you must have alot of experience. My plan is to get a custom tune from Aj @ Hemi Tuner Performance as I just got my tranny rebuilt for 750hp with a 3200rpm T/C, and added blue tops to the vbody.

Thanks for all the files... I was looking at them and its the weirdest thing... Unlike mine, yours actually shows the part number as a mopar tcm in the calibration screen but after looking at all the settings it has no difference from my stock tcm file except for the PWM tab which isnt there in the stock one. Unless all of the performance of the mopar tcm is in that PWM tab, theres no difference in the tune.... Unless yours got overwritten also or maybe the 6.1mtcm is different than the 5.7mtcm. Something is definitely weird about these mopar tcms and how they show when read by hptuners.

Quote Originally Posted by iCanuck View Post
    I’ve researched the crap out of nag1 tuning and you must have alot of experience. My plan is to get a custom tune from Aj @ Hemi Tuner Performance as I just got my tranny rebuilt for 750hp with a 3200rpm T/C, and added blue tops to the vbody.
    I have an AJ TCM and looking at it compared to the Mopar TCM there isnt alot that gets changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    Thanks for all the files... I was looking at them and its the weirdest thing... Unlike mine, yours actually shows the part number as a mopar tcm in the calibration screen but after looking at all the settings it has no difference from my stock tcm file except for the PWM tab which isnt there in the stock one. Unless all of the performance of the mopar tcm is in that PWM tab, theres no difference in the tune.... Unless yours got overwritten also or maybe the 6.1mtcm is different than the 5.7mtcm. Something is definitely weird about these mopar tcms and how they show when read by hptuners.
    I have two mtcms and I read both them and compared and they are exactly the same, and I am pretty sure both weren’t overwritten. The instructions say to never run Initialize EGS53 because it will wipe the performance changes, which I have never done. When I compare my stock tcm to any of my mtcm tunes there are several changes, especially with the T/C lockup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    I have an AJ TCM and looking at it compared to the Mopar TCM there isnt alot that gets changed.
    I have read on several forums that If you have mods to your trans such as a higher stall T/C and/or bluetops AJ can make you a custom tune and it may take a couple tunes before it’s “dialed in”.

P.s. Check your PMs

yea i never did that egs5x button either i heard the same thing as u about how it can mess up a performance tcm. also, like for example u know how the mopar tcm is supposed to set the Autostick auto upshift at wot to disable? in the base tunes ive read of the mopar performance tcm like yours and others it has that enabled..... thats not right and testing the car out it does shift automatically when in autostick mode.