Thread: Ordered a "startup" tune, but not sure I got what I asked for...

Potential Tuner

Ordered a "startup" tune, but not sure I got what I asked for...

Hope I can get some clarity on this...first my setup is

5.3LM7 GenIII DBC
    PCM is a P01 (serv: 12200411/hdw: 09386530)
    stock rails and FPR
    80# SD injectors
    2bar MAP sesnor (full MAF sensor delete)
    wired in IAT

twin 67mm turbos

So I sent my PCM out to have a startup tune put on it, basically enough to get it running and in/out the garage. I informed the company of the important parts of the setup.... 80# injectors, 2 BAR map and MAF sensor delete. When I got the ECU back I connected with HPT and read the file. I was expecting to see anything referencing "2bar" under the calibration window but I didn't. It does indicate "speed density/RTT" though. I also watched a few videos and dug around some old threads on converting to 2BAR MAP and went back to my file and noticed the KPA on my VE table still maxs out at 105...shouldn't it be 200? Also there are no available options in my OS window either(I am in advanced view) Am I missing something?? The car does start up and of course it runs rough at idle but I'm just curious if whats on the PCM is what I asked/paid for. If I missed something obvious, then please let me know...thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you still have the stock file?

If you do, you can flash back to stock. Then look in the OS tab and apply the 2 bar OS. Whoever did the tune applied the 1 bar speed density OS instead of the correct 2 bar OS.

If you never read the stock file, you will have to send the computer back to them and hope they fix it correctly.

Just to show how dumb and how much is still wrong here, it's got 1 bar MAP sensor settings. It won't run right if you have 2 bar sensor. It still has stock injector data and not 80lb/hr injector data.

The MAF sensor was never deleted from the tune, it's still setup to use the MAF.

Whoever you payed to do this is a real goober and doesn't listen to their customers. And frankly they probably don't know what they doing in the first place if this is what you got in return.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 03-28-2020 at 12:50 AM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    5FDP, thanks so much man...ugh, that’s what I figured. I got the “tune” done a year ago and just started the car the other day. I’ll try and contact them and see if they still have the stock file. If not it seems I’d have to have a dealer reflash the stock program on there and start over from scratch I’m guessing, which honestly would be fine considering the crap they sold me.