Thread: Ok guys I need a bit of guidance here

Potential Tuner

Ok guys I need a bit of guidance here

New to the forum, new to tuning. Have a lot of background in datalogging, running tests fixing cars with OEM programming, some with aftermarket stuff.

I am looking to purchase Hp tuners, the thing is I am not sure what all to order. I have a computer (obviously), but what should I be looking to start with?

Cars that we will mostly be focusing on are Lsx cable driven throttle bodies to newest models (as far as gm goes), and German vehicles. So let me know what I should be looking at, I have sent several e-mails to a bunch of places and no one has really given me a definitive answer on what I should buy.

Thanks!

Well, you kinda only have two options.

Either buy the MPVI2 without the PRO Link features or buy it with it. You'd need to make that judgement call to see if needing the PRO features is worth it. The PRO does make it easier when tuning lots of different cars because plugging in wideband o2 sensor becomes easy. No extra messing around with trying to get the wideband to display in the scanner, it would just wire right into the MPVI2 and be right there to start logging that information.

The rest if buying credits to tune whatever you are working with. Some vehicles are 2 credits, some are 4 or more. Some vehicles require that you pay to unlock the TCM and additional credits to tune that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    How do I share a tune when someone else wants to see it?

Add the file with the attachment feature in the advanced reply box.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.