Thread: Throttle % fluctuating @ WOT

Tuner in Training

Throttle % fluctuating @ WOT

hey i just installed a new aftermarket LS3 throttle body that has been CNC ported. it also has a 30% thinner throttle shaft for more airflow. it has been installed for 2-3 weeks and i have gotten 2-3 p0121 engine codes. i've attached some screenshots since my datalog is too big. whoops lol one is a WOT run and then the other is when the car was idling while hot

my question is should the throttle % be fluctuating at WOT (never saw that issue with my GM tb)? the guy i bought it from thinks this is normal, but my LS3 is NA so there shouldn't be anything causing the blade to flutter airflow wise. i also think that the % it is open at the end where i am idling (was checking fan speeds to be sure they came on) is way too low @ 0.4%.

any ideas? is the throttle body bad? i will be installing my old tb for now.

edit: screenshots of a WOT run and hot idle with the GM TB have been added. logs are too large so i can't attach, but can email. i did also get two other engine codes and i think they were related to the TPS outputs but those came up only once
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xc_SS/RS; 03-29-2020 at 12:10 PM. Reason: adding screenshots

Tuner in Training
    Is it OK to turn off the test for codes P0101, P0106, and P0121? I've got that code set again but the car seems to drive fine.

edit: wanted to add that I tried increasing the airflow correlation tables to see if that would help
    Last edited by xc_SS/RS; 04-01-2020 at 09:31 PM.