Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Struggling to find my error with gt350 throttle body

that last 5% might be a bit more work not out of the woods yet

The scaling on the frpp tune tq inverse works when applying to the stock os but the frpp os or tune must have some scalers in other parts of the tune to account for this, things we cant see. The end result is lower loads for the same throttle, IMRC stays closed longer and decel gets hung in tq based decel instead of tipout limit. putting the lower load axis labels back to the stock settings (example from frpp=50ftlbs back to stock =37ftlbs) resolves start up and idle issues and some of the decel but not perfect. and leaving this hacked up inverse axis doesnt make me feel comfortable for hard use.

the scaling is a clean 35% increase in tq on the inverse axis. applying a 35% reduction to the DD with stock inverse axis ftlbs does not work as expected though and tq errors and surging crop up again.

i started logging same gear,rpm, pedal position on both tunes. logs attached.
    frpp2 steady throttle.hpl Stock OS steady throttle.hpl

how is the dash vacuum gauge fed from the tune? frpp tune is pretty near correct maybe 1-3 inhg off, stock o/s with this tb is off by 5-7inhg.
    also noticing the stock os will not go above 10.5inhg on the etc model. how would these be adjusted? throttle angles end up very similar as the blade opens in both tunes

Advanced Tuner
    Did you ever get this to work?

I'm trying to tune a GT350 TB on a 350 manifold. The tune Eric posted gets it close but there is another 10 to 15% that needs to be cleaned up.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Did you ever get this to work?

I'm trying to tune a GT350 TB on a 350 manifold. The tune Eric posted gets it close but there is another 10 to 15% that needs to be cleaned up.
    Here is my Current GT350 TB data on GT350 Manifold for reference
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    That did help the off idle area but still feels wonky at cruise. Still getting some large Tq errors, screenshot attached along with tune and log. Hopefully something simple.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I put those tables back to the GT350 and FRPP numbers and my IPC errors went way down. Still doesn't drive correctly.

I get a surge off idle, the throttle opens smooth then jumps 10%. I also get some surging in high load low rpm areas. Nothing major just aggravating.

Advanced Tuner
    I put those tables back to the GT350 and FRPP numbers and my IPC errors went way down. Still doesn't drive correctly.

I get a surge off idle, the throttle opens smooth then jumps 10%. I also get some surging in high load low rpm areas. Nothing major just aggravating.

Well Long term fuel trims are pretty good, attached image based of my histogram. I also Uploaded a histogram of my GT350 TB IPC wheel Torque Error.

also in your tune you need to set the TPS Config & Sensor Slope
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mstang_man; 05-17-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    How do I calculate the slope and config? Every Ford cal with a 87 TB uses the values I have.

Thanks.

If you look at my screen shot you see 140+ of error. When I open the log I do not see this in the torque requests. Where do I look to solve the errors?

Advanced Tuner
    How do I calculate the slope and config? Every Ford cal with a 87 TB uses the values I have.

Thanks.

If you look at my screen shot you see 140+ of error. When I open the log I do not see this in the torque requests. Where do I look to solve the errors?
    cant calculate as far as i know. It is part of factory calibration file. I will have to go back and look at the original post. Below is the data for slope and congig

sensor slope for GT 350 & Built -0.976562976837158/ 0.976562976837158

TP Congig 6 9 12
    6 9 12

I ended up locking out baro. And it drove pretty much spot on iirc. There's another thread where its mentioned the gt350 has baro tables that don't show in hptuners. Frpp tune allowed a much larger tb correction than stock too. It exceeded the stock tables limits in hptuners by more than 100%.

I don't fully understand how the tb model feeds into learned/infered baro. I'm at 500 ft above sea level. After a short drive with everything matching that I could for the gt350 tables baro drifted from 29.5 to below 20inhg. By 24inhg fuelling was going nuts and ipc got worse and worse. Became undrivable.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim5.0 View Post
    I ended up locking out baro. And it drove pretty much spot on iirc. There's another thread where its mentioned the gt350 has baro tables that don't show in hptuners. Frpp tune allowed a much larger tb correction than stock too. It exceeded the stock tables limits in hptuners by more than 100%.

I don't fully understand how the tb model feeds into learned/infered baro. I'm at 500 ft above sea level. After a short drive with everything matching that I could for the gt350 tables baro drifted from 29.5 to below 20inhg. By 24inhg fuelling was going nuts and ipc got worse and worse. Became undrivable.
    So you set the Baro to 29.875 or to 35 in Hg? I have mine set at 29.875 no issues.

basically what you did but i went with 29.3 or 29.4inhg. weather stations report a corrected baro, need readings from a MAP sensor or Iphone/airport etc.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you set this under Airflow>General>Barometric Pressure>Learning

Yep raise the min to what ever your local baro is to keep it from it drifting down