Thread: Brand New Here - Seeking an Email Tuner for Cammed G8

Potential Tuner

Brand New Here - Seeking an Email Tuner for Cammed G8

Hi there, a GM Mastertech friend of mine just installed a BTR Stage 2 LS3 cam, Chromoly Rods, new valve springs and retainers, did delete with ls7 lifters and ls3 Valley Pan. Other than that, the car (G8 GT 6.0) is mainly stock. It just has an Aussie OPG fwi, and a custom cat back with x pipe and solo jpipes. I had it tuned a long time ago for quicker throttle response but I'm told that tune is no longer viable as the fuel curves are too lean and the idle is set too low when the engine warms up. The car will fire up and idle when cold, but will stall out when warm. Power is just not there. I've approached some big names like Pat G, Livernois, and RPM and been told they only do dyno tuning and/or the cost is exorbanant... I'm in Canada so my money is worth 25% less which sucks. I'm looking for a solid, well reviewed, knowledgeable, patient, and accessible email tuner to work with myself and my mechanic as soon as the end of this week. The car is registered with HP tuners, but my mechanic has all that info.

Advanced Tuner
    Your going to need a wideband and a MPVI2 to log data for anyone to be able to help you with a remote tune. Your other option would be to drop the car off at a performance shop that can tune it for you. If your buying a wideband and a MPVI2, you can tune it yourself and save yourself some $$

I can help you get it very close with short term but your going to want to get a wideband to monitor open loop WOT.

Potential Tuner
    I'll need to get my mechanic on this forum and thread. To my knowledge he has all the appropriate software on his laptop. Thank you for your input and feed back so far guys. 👍