Thread: E67 Saturn Sky Flex Fuel

E67 Saturn Sky Flex Fuel

Hello. I was wondering if and when E67 on the I4s would get the flex fuel support. I have the newest HPT editor, Flex fuel sensor installed to J1 pin 5 and have the power and ground hooked up. I have the sensor enabled under Fuel/Flex fuel. When I use the scanner it has 0Hz so I know its not reading correctly. Is there something I have missed or is it not supported with this ECM and platform?

Anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune up and engine config, don't think we're talking LNF here if it's an E67.

I know the Northstar V8s didn't have all of the FF tables populated in the factory OS, so you can't enable it (haven't dug around hard though). I wonder if the 4cyl OS' are the same or not, I don't imagine so though.

I downloaded a 07 Sky 2.4 E67 OS12610013 tune and it doesnt have all of the necessary parameters to enable FF (currently just 3). I looked at my factory TrailBlazer SS E67 OS12618164 and it has an additional parameter for sensor type (default is virtual, so bet that's what the Sky OS is using). About 5 more parameters compared to the Sky. Plus it has 2 additional diagnostic parameters under the Fuel System -> Diagnostics area.

OP, you may need to email support with your stock tune and request these parameters be added.
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; 04-08-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Nope it’s an LE5 2.4l. I have researched a lot but not coming up with anything really besides V8s. I emailed support but haven’t heard back from them.

Thanks to Josh @ hptuners:

20220 - Flex Fuel Sensor
    330 - Flex Fuel Sensor Diag
    3144 - Flex Fuel Fail%
    4140 - Flex Fuel Diag Delay
    2424 - Power Enrichment Mode Threshold
    2401 - Power Enrichment Ramp Out Rate
    2464 - Power Enrichment Mode Timer

Are added to the beta.

I am still having issues with anything reading on the scanner for the flex fuel freq and ratio. I have loaded the beta, changed it to sensor enabled and sensor type sensor and did a write entire. It should be connected to C1 pin 5 like all the v8s with e67s right?

Can anyone confirm that is the correct Ecm pin?

From all the research and install videos on other E67 ECMs they all show the top "blue" connector and pin 5. I have installed the pin correctly. I have verified its connection, when using a multi-meter it shows 5v to ground. I have bench tested the flex fuel sensor, it is indeed reading and outputting a signal. I have been working with a couple HPT techs trying to get all the logging protocols working for this platform but nothing seems to be working, it is always showing 0hz or 0% alcohol content. As far as I can tell I may be the first one that is doing this to an E67 with an I4. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Please help!

Tuner in Training
    fallowing

Potential Tuner
    I wired up a flex sensor on my 2007 G5 LE5 with E67. I can confirm the ecu doesn?t register anything at all on E% or E Freq

Potential Tuner
    I would also like some input from the HPT crew. What am I doing wrong? I enabled everything.

Potential Tuner
    I checked the pin via volt meter and I am getting an output voltage on the pin we are trying to use and an input.

Still looking for help

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoolinSedan View Post
    I checked the pin via volt meter and I am getting an output voltage on the pin we are trying to use and an input.

Still looking for help
    I know it is an old thread, but did you guys find a solution?
    I'm looking to go E85 on my solstice and it would be nice to know that i can actually get a flex fuel sensor to work.

Thanks

I wish, from the HP tuner folks, its a dead topic. The only work around that would kinda be similar would be to use a frequency to voltage converter and put it in the HP tuners pro input and use the logger to view the sensor readout there. A friend of mine was thinking of trying to make a custom OS (Not using HPT) to fix this but I am not sure how far he got on his project.

One other way could be is if enough people put tickets in, HPT may get it working.