Thread: Base tune way too rich

Base tune way too rich

The car is my friends 70 chevelle, 6.0 LSA blower. The p01 ecm that came with the car was locked with efi live. I bought another ecm out of a 2001 5.3 yukon. The injectors are FIC 750cc. What i did is cut and paste the VE table and spark tables out of my silverado that also has a LSA blower to get it started. I also put in the supplied injector data and made all the other changes i did on my tune that works. My problem is that it is very rich. I pulled a few plugs and they are dripping with fuel. All 8 header tubes were warm. The car will start but run like crap and die. In the log the injector keeps spiking to 20+ms. I must have missed something. thanks for looking
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're really not suppose to change the platform type, it may do weird background issues. This is still a GMT-800 computer and it should stay that way.

Look at your open loop EQ ratio table. This thing says it's idling at 90-100kpa which seems rather odd. So in that table at 90-100kpa and coolant temps of roughly 70 degrees is a commanded EQ ratio of 1.25 to 1.34. That's pretty stinking rich.

Scale that way back so it's only around 1.10 to 1.15 while warming up.

Also I think you screwed up your short pulse adder table. Pretty sure you should double check that....
    Last edited by 5FDP; 03-30-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I double checked the short pulse adder prior to posting. I noticed it was alot different than the data on my Silverado. My truck has stock LSA injectors, which the fic injectors are based off of. I will adjust the short pulse adder and scale back the eq ratio. Yesterday I removed 40% fuel from the ve table and the plugs were soaked still. It won't idle. I hold the pedal, it will start and Rev to 2000ish and almost die. Then Rev again thanks for the help.

I posted the wrong log. This one it would stay running after i gave it some throttle. afr commanded was about 13.5. still it was excessively rich.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fix that injector data and then see what it's like.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.