Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Issue with Vats

  1. #1
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    5

    Issue with Vats

    I have tried several times to disable vats on my swap build, vehicle starts and stalls with injector pulse going away before it dies so vats is still on even though the file says its been disabled, this is an E38 ecm. any ideas on getting this completed or am I going to have to get another ecm as my first one was locked out.

  2. #2
    Tuning Addict 5FDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rogers, MN
    Posts
    9,806
    Did you perform a write entire for the VATS?

    A write calibration only won't disable it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

  3. #3
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Did you perform a write entire for the VATS?

    A write calibration only won't disable it.
    yes I used write entire

  4. #4
    Tuning Addict 5FDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rogers, MN
    Posts
    9,806
    Post your file if you want.

    Is this swap vehicle running all stock sensors and so on too??

    A write entire will disable the VATS.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

  5. #5
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    5
    yes it's using all but the vvt ,dod, and rear O2 sensors as those where deleted

  6. #6
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Post your file if you want.

    Is this swap vehicle running all stock sensors and so on too??

    A write entire will disable the VATS.
    81 GMC.06.hpt

  7. #7
    Tuning Addict 5FDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rogers, MN
    Posts
    9,806
    I already found your problem.


    Why did you apply the 2 bar speed density operating system upgrade to this computer?

    Click the calibration details and you will see what I mean or just reference your stock file to see the 2 bar OS upgrade listed in the OS tab.

    Applying this upgrade changes tons of things, most I guess you aren't aware of yet. This OS upgrade changes the MAP sensor settings to 2 bar MAP settings, it creates 3 new VE fueling table, of which all 3 are completely blank and because those tables are not populated, it will not give it any fuel. There are several more changes that this OS upgrade does as well.



    So if you are not planning to run boost, you need to flash back to the stock file with a write entire with the VATS/DoD/Rear o2's disabled. Then I bet you $5 that it starts and runs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

  8. #8
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I already found your problem.


    Why did you apply the 2 bar speed density operating system upgrade to this computer?

    Click the calibration details and you will see what I mean or just reference your stock file to see the 2 bar OS upgrade listed in the OS tab.

    Applying this upgrade changes tons of things, most I guess you aren't aware of yet. This OS upgrade changes the MAP sensor settings to 2 bar MAP settings, it creates 3 new VE fueling table, of which all 3 are completely blank and because those tables are not populated, it will not give it any fuel. There are several more changes that this OS upgrade does as well.



    So if you are not planning to run boost, you need to flash back to the stock file with a write entire with the VATS/DoD/Rear o2's disabled. Then I bet you $5 that it starts and runs.
    I have no idea why it was applied but I will fix it and see what happens