Thread: Issue with Vats

Potential Tuner

Issue with Vats

I have tried several times to disable vats on my swap build, vehicle starts and stalls with injector pulse going away before it dies so vats is still on even though the file says its been disabled, this is an E38 ecm. any ideas on getting this completed or am I going to have to get another ecm as my first one was locked out.

Did you perform a write entire for the VATS?

A write calibration only won't disable it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Did you perform a write entire for the VATS?

A write calibration only won't disable it.
    yes I used write entire

Post your file if you want.

Is this swap vehicle running all stock sensors and so on too??

A write entire will disable the VATS.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    yes it's using all but the vvt ,dod, and rear O2 sensors as those where deleted

Potential Tuner
    Post your file if you want.

Is this swap vehicle running all stock sensors and so on too??

A write entire will disable the VATS.
    81 GMC.06.hpt

I already found your problem.

Why did you apply the 2 bar speed density operating system upgrade to this computer?

Click the calibration details and you will see what I mean or just reference your stock file to see the 2 bar OS upgrade listed in the OS tab.

Applying this upgrade changes tons of things, most I guess you aren't aware of yet. This OS upgrade changes the MAP sensor settings to 2 bar MAP settings, it creates 3 new VE fueling table, of which all 3 are completely blank and because those tables are not populated, it will not give it any fuel. There are several more changes that this OS upgrade does as well.

So if you are not planning to run boost, you need to flash back to the stock file with a write entire with the VATS/DoD/Rear o2's disabled. Then I bet you $5 that it starts and runs.

Potential Tuner
    I already found your problem.

Why did you apply the 2 bar speed density operating system upgrade to this computer?

Click the calibration details and you will see what I mean or just reference your stock file to see the 2 bar OS upgrade listed in the OS tab.

Applying this upgrade changes tons of things, most I guess you aren't aware of yet. This OS upgrade changes the MAP sensor settings to 2 bar MAP settings, it creates 3 new VE fueling table, of which all 3 are completely blank and because those tables are not populated, it will not give it any fuel. There are several more changes that this OS upgrade does as well.

So if you are not planning to run boost, you need to flash back to the stock file with a write entire with the VATS/DoD/Rear o2's disabled. Then I bet you $5 that it starts and runs.
    I have no idea why it was applied but I will fix it and see what happens