Thread: JTEC 5.9 Advanced Spark Tables

Potential Tuner

JTEC 5.9 Advanced Spark Tables

Just picked up a MPVI2 for my 97 Jeep 5.2 and my 96 Ram 5.9 NV3500 swap. Mainly bought it to change my Ram PCM to a manual trans but figured I might as well bump up performance as well. I'm looking for a factory tune for the 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited that required premium fuel and had more advanced spark to use as a starting point. I work for Chrysler and therefore have access to download factory flash files and access to a DRBIII but those flash files do not have a file extension and are not supported by any program I know of other than proprietary Chrysler software.

Potential Tuner
    I also see in my 1996 flash file that there really aren't any options to change for the transmission at all really but in a 2001 Ram flash file I was playing with the Governor pressures, TCC lockup and 4th gear were all adjustable. Is this something that will become available later or is it not able to be changed? Seems odd because both are an electronic governor RE trans.

the 96 models dont have any real transmission adjustment in the pcm like the 2000s do. i spoke to hptuners about this. as to your other question about the timing tables ill send you a pm shortly

Tuner in Training
    I have read my 5.9 grand Cherokee but I don't know how to share the file. I'm pretty beginner at this! It does have about 7 degrees more than my ram at high rpm. 33.5 at 4800 rpm and 105 kpa.

Tuner
    save your gc 5.9 file, and you can add it to this thread

Tuner in Training

5.9 grand cherokee premium tune.

Well hopefully I've done this right and you will be able to view the file from the 5.9 limited grand Cherokee.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for posting your 5.9 tune! This should really help me out.

Potential Tuner
    x2. Thanks for the File. I will try it. My 5.9 ZJ only has bolt ons. hope that works good for me.

Tuner in Training
    Hey mate. Is there a chance you're still active on this page? Could I hassle you for the spark table info please?

hi, I may can help you on the 5.9 spark table

Tuner in Training
    I think that spark table is in the link.