Thread: 3 bar OS Ls9 map issue

Potential Tuner

3 bar OS Ls9 map issue

So I just did the 3 bar OS swap on my pcm, installed the ls9 map, changed the settings for the map sensor. KOEO it reads 98 kpa, however, when i start it that number does not change. It stays at 98 KPA while idling. I changed the pid in vcm scanner to map sensor 3 bar, just like my turbo camaro is set up and tried to duplicate the setting from thst tune as well, and can not get a responsive map sensor. It is obviously very high on the VE table and idling very rich. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Tuner in Training
    Wired correctly? I remember ls1 1bar to the ls9 3bar the wiring is different, wires need to be swapped around.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyver-it View Post
    Wired correctly? I remember ls1 1bar to the ls9 3bar the wiring is different, wires need to be swapped around.
    Yes, i checked it several times. And also tried swapping them around and then resulted in no start and once it stayed at 52 kpa when it was wired incorrectly. But would not rev up. With it wired correctly it will rev up and idle but it is just stuck at 98 kpa. Other than testing the sensor, which it should be good cause it came off my turbo camaro that was running fine one 3 bar OS, just wondering if anyone came across this before

Make sure you aren't logging more than one MAP channel, only log the 3 bar channel if that is what you are using.

I would also delete the channel, re-poll for supported parameters while connected to the vehicle and add the channel back in. See if it starts logging it.

Past that I can't see what you see without the tune file or logs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

Same same

Quote Originally Posted by rmccauley21 View Post
    So I just did the 3 bar OS swap on my pcm, installed the ls9 map, changed the settings for the map sensor. KOEO it reads 98 kpa, however, when i start it that number does not change. It stays at 98 KPA while idling. I changed the pid in vcm scanner to map sensor 3 bar, just like my turbo camaro is set up and tried to duplicate the setting from thst tune as well, and can not get a responsive map sensor. It is obviously very high on the VE table and idling very rich. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue except its just reading a different KPA.

Tuner in Training
    yes no maybe so?...