Thread: 5.3 ls swaped s10

5.3 ls swaped s10

its 02 gm 5.3 lm7 engine with 4l60e. has btr s4 cam. shorty headers and full exhaust. everything else is stock. the engine starts and idles pretty good. only problem I have is the maf keeps going bad. and the fuel trims are to shit. has new o2s and they work good. but when I plug them in the engine run rich and fouls the plugs. with them unplugged it run and idles better but still alitttle rich not enough to foul the plugs tho. but it miss fires as I drive it, and it wont stall at all it just has no power and wont even spin the tires. anyone else have a idea what I need to do besides take it to a tuner. im trying tune my self atm. im gonna post my tune and a few logs and hope someone can help.

s10 1.hpls102.hpls103.hpllog4.hpls10tune7.hpt

Just tune it in speed density, you don't have to run a MAF sensor at the moment.

Get a wideband o2 sensor, without one you are going to be completely in the dark for tuning. If the fuel trims are so out of whack right now you can't use those to make it any better. Use the wideband to correct the fueling before you turn the o2 sensors back on.

I highly suggest you stop trying to floor it or do anything power wise until you can fix the airflow model.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I been debating on goin sd, just don’t have wideband And I have the mpvi2 can’t hook the wideband to it with out the pro. I’ll prolly get it tuned somewhere and do the boost tune myself when I get all the turbo and stuff

Widebands can be run through the AC or EGR sensor wiring, it's a 5v circuit that widebands use. Very popular of P01/P59 computers. There are write ups and youtube video's on how it's done.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.