Thread: 98 Grand Cherokee Boost Issues

Potential Tuner

Unhappy 98 Grand Cherokee Boost Issues

I got a 98 ZJ Jeep that I decided to slap a Wuhan war whistle to.
    I replaced the map sensor with a 2 bar one, and scaled it correctly, however anytime I go over 105kpa, it fuel cuts on me.
    Is there a setting someplace to disable the fuel cut or raise it?

Also I am currently unable to set my fuel base and timing tables higher than 105kpa.
    (Tried clicking on the scalar on the left and it brings up the option, but not allowed to input anything higher than 105)

Thanks for the help in advance.

From what I was understanding these ecms weren't going to support boost.
    2017 mustang gt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadias48 View Post
    From what I was understanding these ecms weren't going to support boost.
    Yeah was kind of afraid of that. Currently, I just cut my map scaling in half and am tuning it that way, but it cuts the resolution in half to do it like that..
    But I suppose that's better than a FCD

Tuner
    would you mind sharing the numbers you input for map sensor characteristics, to my understanding you have to scale below 105 kpa to avoid fuel cut off

Potential Tuner
    Hi I recently bought a jeep grand cherokee, Laredo 2.5lt Turbo diesel All was running beautifully until a couple of weeks ago when for no apparent reason I got in the jeep started it up as normal and found I had a sudden power loss at 2000 rpm. my top speed at the moment is 60 mph.

Not an attempt at a hijack but... I am running a 98 XJ with a Sprintex Supercharger operating a 8.5 PSI boost. Needless to say, I am interested in how this thread develops as I have not yet committed to purchasing the hardware/software. Currently using an AEM FIC 8 to handle the 36 pound injectors as well as the timing issues.

Question for MurderedZJ, which 2 Bar MAP Sensor did you install. I have stuck in a Chrysler unit from the 2.2 Litre Turbo engine into the compressor discharge manifold. Not wired as of yet as the FIC has it's own MAP sensor.

Tuner in Training
    good info, also keen to know more about adding boost to the xj