Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 Mustang GT 3V 4.6L tuning

Senior Tuner
    First I want to say you can't spend too much on a wideband, it's a tuning tool and will determine how well you can dial in the tune. I like my ZT-2(no gauges just straight into the MPVI) and bosch 4.9 WB, but thats because I use it for more than just the wide band, as I think OBDii data tuning is very limited. I bet the issues people have with the AEM's are because they try to use the predefined math, and not just the raw voltage and a custom user math to convert to AFR or lambda.
    I would get a wideband hooked up asap, to get the MAF fully dialed in, Open loop you are totally blind, and the difference in knock at .88 and .85 WOT lambda can be a large. If you have knock, sometimes you can get away with just adding a tad bit more fuel rather than pulling it out of the borderline table and it makes a 10-15 HP difference, more on lower octane fuels that have you really detonation limited. You won't know what you are doing and can fix without a wide band. Everywhere you are going to adjust timing is mostly going to be in open loop.

For everything other than WOT, See if you can log IMRC or CMCV position open/closed. making a couple graphs one with a filter open and one with a filter closed populated by knock retard or spark retard. You will then add or subtract from the borderline table or, if the IMRC/CMCV is open, you can do it in the IMRC correction table under borderline corrections.
    Last edited by murfie; 04-08-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know if it will help you but I have been using the Ballenger afr500 in mine and its been flawless, easy to set up and plug in.

Thanks for all the info guys I have been learning so much these past few days. I've been looking some up and might go with a ProSport Evo Series wideband. Decently priced and I read good things about it. What do you guys think? Or my buddy has an nGauge he's selling for $250..