Thread: At wits end! Scaled P01 3 Bar C5 limit at 4k

Exclamation At wits end! Scaled P01 3 Bar C5 limit at 4k

Hey guys I'm at my wits end with trying to figure this C5 corvette out. No matter what i do at 4k the motor feels like it hits a limiter and I have no idea why.
    P1514/P0068 tables maxed, cyl air maxed, max delta airflow maxed, calc MAP max maxed. MAF has been zerod out, failed, and confirmed off. I even cut the yellow wire to make sure it was not getting any signal at all. A few days ago i ran into this issue but assumed it was a hardlimit issue (512 g/s) so i scaled the tune 50%. I'm still running into the issue and its driving me insane. Here's a run down of the car below.

99 C5 Z06 M6, Full time on E85, has Alky control meth kit with 100% methanol but its not turned on yet.
    Thompson forged 370
    227/242 .637/.626 118+4 cam
    LSA heads/ls9 gaskets
    stock ls3 intake manifold
    stock ls2 throttle body with casper ls1 to ls2 conversion harness
    slot style maf ( yellow maf signal wire clipped)
    longtubes full corsa exhaust

FIC (clinic) 1200s brand new
    full return system -8/-6
    stock new intank
    255 aux kit on hobbs switch

Novi2200R 10 rib with flip drive 2.75 pulley
    A&A bracket setup
    ECS race intercooler

The initial pcm was only capable of a 2 bar OS. Being he should make 20-22psi per ECS I did a 3 bar OS 02 c5 z06 file (write entire) on the p01 he had. I got all the idle, partial throttle pretty much nailed down but when trying to go WOT I found issues. No matter what i did with airlfow correlation and map codes i kept hitting REP at 4800 (pre scaling). I maxed them all out in the CAL and even set the REP code (p1514) to no error reported but when it hit 4800 it was the same issue like hitting a wall.

For scaling i did half VE/Half IFR/ scaled timing table (brought 1.2g/s to .60) and doubled the QC tq factor to bring the reported tq back in line.) luckily its a manual car so i didn't have to mess with trans stuff.

Today i loaded the scaled tune really hoping the BS at 4800 was gone but now it happens at 4k. Im totally lost here as to what the issue is. The car currently has a BR7EF gapped at .20 which i feel like shouldn't be too cold but with full time E85 i could be wrong. Attached is the tune and log. ANY help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Senior Tuner
    Even with the wire cut, you are still showing frequency in the channels. the max delta airflow table is set to the max 256 g/s, and thats the value dynamic airflow hits when it hits this wall. I would say try going up with the MAF calibration values not down.

The other concerning thing is your throttle voltage is 0, but that might be a scanner channel thing.

If you have a reference line hooked up to your 1:1 regulator the fuel flow can be set to a single value. Best way to do it.
    If not you can lower just the 0 manifold vacuum cell value of your injector flow, to help with scaling the VE table closer to the 100% that it is probably at above baro pressure. Higher manifold pressure means lower injector flow, it being at the baro pressure flow value(high), is like scaling the tune to increase the cylinder air mass as boost comes in, hence people see these crazy high VE values in their VE tables above baro. Realistically they should be 98-105% at most no matter how high you go in boost. The next vacuum cell and higher will keep the VE below baro near stock values with real injector flow values. This maintains startup, idle, and excellent drivability, as thats all done mostly in vacuum.

Fuel Qc factor for E85 is ~14000.
    Last edited by murfie; 04-02-2020 at 03:06 AM.

so prior to scaling the car was going into REP but I assumed it was due to hitting the 512g/s hard code limit. I disabled the code when I scaled the tune. now Im going to re enable and give it another shot. also I apologize the log I posted was right before I clipped the yellow wire to maf. I just verified in the latest log that the maf does show 0. I can put the stock values back in the maf just to see if that helps but ive tried both and get the same issue. The owner is having a brand new casper harness sent to me just to eliminate variables. the 0 for voltage is i guess im logging the wrong channel.

for the fuel qc factor should i use 14000 as is or double it since im scaled?

The last log is crazy jerk log lol why it was lean on this one i dont know bc the previous log only showed it being 5% off so i added 7%. im logging fuel pressure on the next go around just to make sure all is well.

base tune 5 scaled is my newest file to try. i made some adjustments to the start up modifier since this was the only table that had less than my requested rpm cutoff (it was at 4800)
    in the ETC limits instead of the whole table being 100% i put it back to stock, also drive-train abuse i put at 7k bc i had a tbss that went apeshit killing peddle signal bc i maxed that table in the past so i figure why not with what im dealing with right now. i re enabled P1514 as well so that if it does go into REP it will at least show it.

One thing that was adjusted that i know 100000000% i did not adjust was speedo calibration tab, all values were doubled and i have absolutely no idea how or why. i restored all of them back to the stock settings.
    Attached Files
    Attached Files Attached Files