Thread: Desperately need Tuning help with 2019 Jeep JLU 3.6 with Magnuson SC

Potential Tuner

Angry Desperately need Tuning help with 2019 Jeep JLU 3.6 with Magnuson SC

I am the point of total frustration. I have finally received my Jeep back after having it extremely modified here in California. The Jeep is amazing however the Supercharger is far less impressive. The shop has put the latest tune from Magnuson on it, yet it still runs like crap. The boost will come on and off as I am trying to accelerate. It is surging really bad. If I try and stomp on it in a high gear on any sort of an incline it will lug, then go into limp mode. If I turn it off it will be fine on restart. When driving it seems to fall on its face at around 5000 rpm. The builder basically threw up their hands and said they are at a loss. I am not a tuner by any stretch, and I have no idea what to do at this point. I have spent a lot of money to build a reliable rig that the wife and I can take out and enjoy. I now have an amazing rig that is not reliable enough for us to feel confident to take anywhere very far from home.

I am looking for any help. is it possible to do a remote tune? Is there anyone that can do that sort of thing? I do have the HP tuner setup that was used during the build.

Thanks
    Ben
    Semper Fi

You need to take the Jeep to a reputable tuner with a dyno. No one in their right mind would touch it as far as a remote tune goes. Especially in CA.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrollco View Post
    I am the point of total frustration. I have finally received my Jeep back after having it extremely modified here in California. The Jeep is amazing however the Supercharger is far less impressive. The shop has put the latest tune from Magnuson on it, yet it still runs like crap. The boost will come on and off as I am trying to accelerate. It is surging really bad. If I try and stomp on it in a high gear on any sort of an incline it will lug, then go into limp mode. If I turn it off it will be fine on restart. When driving it seems to fall on its face at around 5000 rpm. The builder basically threw up their hands and said they are at a loss. I am not a tuner by any stretch, and I have no idea what to do at this point. I have spent a lot of money to build a reliable rig that the wife and I can take out and enjoy. I now have an amazing rig that is not reliable enough for us to feel confident to take anywhere very far from home.

I am looking for any help. is it possible to do a remote tune? Is there anyone that can do that sort of thing? I do have the HP tuner setup that was used during the build.

Thanks
    Ben
    Semper Fi
    When I did the Magnuson on my Tundra their support was pretty good at helping us with issues. If you purchased it new and had it installed by a shop that is where I would start.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrollco View Post

Thanks
    Ben
    Semper Fi
    Tuned a bunch of boosted 3.6, i can get you a remote tune.

Contact details below.