Thread: Partial throttle hick up, new cam

Tuner

Partial throttle hick up, new cam

Hey everyone, I got a 06 vette ls2 with ls3 top end (milled heads) and HR273 cam. I just started tuning the partial throttle and keep getting a random and aggressive hick up for some reason. The tune has the MAF disabled so that I can work on the VE table and get that really dialed in. The hick up is bad enough where the log shows it goes from a steady 105-115 torque to -50 torque and right back up to 105 torque.

The biggest thing i noticed was cyl airmass goes from .30 g to 0.0 g and the injector dc goes from 9.3 to 2.0. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hick up.hpl
    2nd cam 08 VE partial maf fail disable wot pe change 03.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Adjust your Dynamic airflow high rpm disable/re-enable to 8191/8190, if you still have the issue 0 out your prediction coefficients.

Your VVE table is also kinda wonky, if it were my car I would use the OS tab and convert to a true Speed Density (you can still use the maf) Just keep in mind it will 0 out the VE table and you will have to start from scratch.
    Last edited by ZincGT; 04-02-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Tuner
    I forgot about the dynamic airflow high rpm disable/re-enable, thanks. I'll try this first then move on to your other suggestions.

I believe I have a similar problem. Any solutions to your issue or things that you have tried? Thanks.

Tuner
    Sorry about the long delay, been super busy. I've changed the dynamic airflow high rpm disable/re-enable. Drive it acting a bunch more fixing the vve table then re-enabled maf. I haven't had a problem the last 2 days driving it. I'm not sure if by forgetting to do that, that it caused the problem. Maybe upload your tune.