Thread: Lt4 supercharger on l83

Lt4 supercharger on l83

Anyone on here put a 14-16 lt4 supercharger on a l83 or l86? I am in the process of doing this myself and there's not alot of information out there and I could use some help! There's alot of ports on the supercharger that I am not sure what I need to do with them? I am also aware ADM sells a full kit that has everything needed to install the supercharger, but the price seems really high compared to buying all the stuff I need individually. If someone with more experience knows the ins and out of the install Ide like to know if ADM's kit is worth it?

I managed to find a parts list that seems pretty dam close. Here it is if anyone in interested.

Adapter plates to clear water pipe
    551790 accessory idler bracket
    551794 throttle body rotation adapter
    WExxxx throttle body wire extension
    551782-M1215 coolant sensor relocation adapter
    WECTS30-36 coolant sensor wire extension
    551383 supercharger vacuum plug
    551359 supercharger vacuum plug
    SEN019 MAP sensor, 3 bar LT4
    980K6 belt (98.0 inch, K belt, 6 rib)
    (ADM) 2.8" LT4 truck conversion pulley and hub
    (ADM) supercharger pulley removal tool
    Intercooler, pump, hoses, & quick connector
    Last edited by GMCfast; 04-04-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Yes this is exactly what i did 4 months ago. There are a few more things you will need.

Care to share? I'm currently rounding up All the parts I need

Quote Originally Posted by GMCfast View Post
    Care to share? I'm currently rounding up All the parts I need
    I just got my 16 LT4 supercharger and I am like you it is about 1k more to buy the kit from ADM but he does have a lot of small things you will need. Like I have the air to water cooler and pump with resiour but he will only give me 300.00 off the kit for those items .
    If you have a complete list of what you used I would love to get a copy and if you ran into any problems as I am starting my build in the next couple of months.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jabercrombie View Post
    I just got my 16 LT4 supercharger and I am like you it is about 1k more to buy the kit from ADM but he does have a lot of small things you will need. Like I have the air to water cooler and pump with resiour but he will only give me 300.00 off the kit for those items .
    If you have a complete list of what you used I would love to get a copy and if you ran into any problems as I am starting my build in the next couple of months.
    Thanks
    Yea I did the math and ADM is making a profit for sure but they did all the leg work. The fact that the kit doesn't come with a detailed instruction book threw me off. It's a big endeavour to go in blind with a bunch of parts. So I decided il just buy what I need from ADM that's not readily available elsewhere. I haven't started yet either but il update this thread when I do.

Potential Tuner
    I don't really have a list but i will see what i can do this afernoon. If you go with a K&N airfilter there is no kit that fits because you are moving the throttle body farther away from air box i ended up using the factory tube and K&N tubes.
    And its its worth every penny..

I would love to see some pictures of engine bay and how you ran all you lines, Evap canister, actuator, pcv.

If anyone needs in help tuning these let me know! Back in 2015 I built the adapter plates that ICT billet now sells.
    I’m T/A kid on the corvette forum and I believe the pics are down now but I did the install and documented much of it

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Pistons and rods will be safe at low boost levels from what I've read. The stock fuel system can support 500hp ive been told but if your running e85 your likely to run out of injector/fuel pump

Potential Tuner
    I may have to take you up on this Ben Charles. I’m about to complete my install, and I could use some tips on tuning it.

Quote Originally Posted by LT4pwrdTexed View Post
    I may have to take you up on this Ben Charles. I’m about to complete my install, and I could use some tips on tuning it.
    Let me know, be happy to email in my sig

14 Gen 5 Viper

Any of you guys get this done? I may do this as well in my swap.

How is your cruising fuel economy?
    Provided you can keep your foot out of it LOL

Cruising fuel economy is basically unaffected since bypass of supercharger.. when the bypass closes and you make boost that’s another story

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    If anyone needs in help tuning these let me know! Back in 2015 I built the adapter plates that ICT billet now sells.
    I’m T/A kid on the corvette forum and I believe the pics are down now but I did the install and documented much of it
    so far i noticed that you are very wise on the lt1 to lt4 swap Do you have a tutorial i could study to help me learn
    thanks in advance for any help

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by davispaintandbody View Post
    so far i noticed that you are very wise on the lt1 to lt4 swap Do you have a tutorial i could study to help me learn
    thanks in advance for any help
    Apologies for posting to an old thread but I figured people still might come across this and this might be helpful.

I have recently installed the LT4 supercharger on my L83 equipped truck and documented it all on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7...hJL3c_qlXr1KDA. There are some videos already about the process and some posts scattered around the web. I wanted to share the process in greater detail and pull all of the other resources into one concise location. I hope you and anyone else find it useful. I still have some work to do but this is my daily driver and I've been very happy with the results since the install.

Advanced Tuner
    Subscrided and thanks

Thats just the kind of videos I've been looking for.

Tuner
    Excellent videos! Thanks

Tuner
    @ jhillix damn you - why'd you have to do that!?? Now you've got me scheming....

Potential Tuner
    Glad to hear the vids are useful I'll be posting some more over the next few weeks. The next project I have in mind is installing the 2017 Silverado/Sierra HD hood with the functional hood scoop. I've seen some posts that it will fit but with one clearance issue that supposedly is easily resolvable. I'll need to do some more research about what that means with the supercharger installed.