Thread: 102mm tb troubleshooting

Tuner in Training

102mm tb troubleshooting

Recently got an email tune from mailordertuner and Im having issues with the throttle body being really sensitive and preventing the car from starting and idling. Ive managed to get the car started on occasion, but nothing concrete and consistent and usually if starts once it wont start when its warm. Recently I was able to get the car started when I adjusted my TPS to 4.3% and decided not to reset it. Got it to start and run but once it hit closed loop it started running rough so I killed it. Since then I haven't been able to get it started. Ive been chasing that 4.3% but still no dice. Often I get it to fire for a quick second and then it just dies.

I've used different TPS sensors and IAC sensors but still no dice. Casey from mailordertuner said to set the IAC at 60 once its warm but I don't really know how to and it sits at 310 cold which I heard is normal.The lowest I've seen is about 170. I've been hearing about people drilling out the IAC hole. I'm beginning to think that is my only option.

Gonna give Casey a call and see what he says. Im not too sure if its a tune issue or a tb issue or both. What do you guys think? looking for as much info as possible. The sooner I can get this car running the better

Appreciate the time
    -Jesse

99 5.3 N/A (for now)
    BTR Stage 2 turbo cam
    Fitech Intake, 55lb injectors, 102mm tb PN#70072

Anyone who does mail orders on gen 3 ECU with cam setups should have directions on how to properly setup a TB and what to look for in the scanner!

Post your tune file

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Anyone who does mail orders on gen 3 ECU with cam setups should have directions on how to properly setup a TB and what to look for in the scanner!

Post your tune file
    Camaro1.2CAM MOT.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Does it help the engine to start if you crack the throttle open?
    Are you running the stock MAP sensor?
    Was it very rich when you did get it started? It's possible that it fouled the plugs.
    A datalog would help us to diagnose the issue...even if it's just trying to start.

My NW 102 wouldn't flow enough air through the IAC passage until I ported the heck out of it. With no other changes the IAC position dropped to somewhere controllable.
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD
    Stock LM7, LTs, TBSS intake manifold