Thread: VCM Scanner Version 4.4.4 not displaying data on RPM & a few other gauges

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner Version 4.4.4 not displaying data on RPM & a few other gauges

I'm New to HPtuners and finally got around to linking up to the car today. I have the editor set as advanced level install. The car is not modified and the tune is stock. I downloaded the tune (12min) first and then started the car. RPM along with a few other common data points are not registering on the gauges, as can be seen in the attached log. I've searched the net for ideas, but the return has been minimal so far regarding how to resolve the issue if there is a solution. All software appears to be up to date and although I purchased the tuner a month ago, the firmware was updated upon prompting prior to going to the car. 08 CTS 3.6L DI.

Thanks for any assistance provided.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try removing the non working channels. Then connect to the car, re-poll for supported parameters under the vehicle tab and try adding the channels back in. Start and log and see what happens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the input. I had actually already gone through the list to remove non supported parameters, as well as removed the .OS associated files that were saved which I understand should also cause a re-poll, now that I actually know how to perform it correctly thanks to the guidance you've provided. There's no instruction book that I'm aware of, or any help database included and often terms and procedures are referenced without needed clarification. I'll try it tomorrow and report back. Thanks again.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Try removing the non working channels. Then connect to the car, re-poll for supported parameters under the vehicle tab and try adding the channels back in. Start and log and see what happens.
    I tested the scanner again this morning with your recommendations along with what I came up with and all appears to be working well. Again thanks for your assistance and don't go too far, just in case I have another question.

Hopefully that will not be the case as I continue to learn my way around the program.

I stated earlier that there is no instruction book, but it turns out there is an online guide that the scanner help menu will take you to when selected. It's very helpful.
    Last edited by maticulus; 04-04-2020 at 07:02 PM.