Thread: safe timing tables for stock 2002 wrangler 4.0

Tuner in Training

safe timing tables for stock 2002 wrangler 4.0

Im a newb to tuning and am looking for a little more power from my tj's tired 4.0 liter. Im currently building a 4.6 stroker but would like to try and tune the stocker before I play around with the stroker once its in. Ive noticed the timing drops pretty good with throttle is this normal or cn i squeeze some power out with timing safely

Tuner
    you sure can, mostly from 2k-48k rpm , i can tell you the on my 4.0 stroker i have up to 8 degrees on some point and is been taking good so far

Tuner in Training
    ok like I said im a total newb to this can you explain to me how i change them in the tables?

Tuner in Training
    also how can i disable the evap system i dont see any options for it

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ok like I said im a total newb to this can you explain to me how i change them in the tables?
    on this engine you mostly use egr off tables since the jeep dont have a egr valve , i will start with 1 or to degrees from 1k to 48k and 30kpa to 100kpa , theres many ways to add this ,like by highlighting the desired portion you want to change on the table, let me know if this helps, i dont know if i can explain my self good enough https://www.hptuners.com/help/index....ters_dodge.htm

Tuner
    also how can i disable the evap system i dont see any options for it
    i have a 98 and can tell you hp tuners haven't enable this without the code triggering same with 02 sensors, you can disable them but you will get a check engine light

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks for the help so far ive added 4 degrees to all the tables above 1500rpm n 30 kpa to 105 didnt seem to make much difference but one thing i did notice was changing the power enrichment timming to zero instead of the 4 seconds it was set at improved the throttle response quit a bit

Ok thanks for the help so far ive added 4 degrees to all the tables above 1500rpm n 30 kpa to 105 didnt seem to make much difference but one thing i did notice was changing the power enrichment timming to zero instead of the 4 seconds it was set at improved the throttle response quit a bit
    Depending on how much you add, you may need to run premium fuel to see full benefits and prevent detonation.
    2004 jeep LJ
    Stock supercharged 4.0, 36lb injectors, 62mm bbk throttle body.
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel
    2020 Explorer 2.3 ecoboost

Tuner in Training
    Are you just throwing spark at it and not looking at or taking any data??