Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 4runner support

Potential Tuner

2020 4runner support

Any chance to get support for the newer 4runners?

Tuner in Training
    No a?n no han podido incluir la Toyota 4runners intenta leer de nuevo con internet para ver que pasa

Tuner in Training
    Chris@hptuners

Don't mean to jack the thread, but is there any support for 5th gen 4runners at all ?

I will drop another little vote in here for access to 2020 4Runners.

It sure would be nice to get rid of throttle lag/response without the use of those nasty piggyback thingies..

Potential Tuner
    We just took a 3000+ mile trip in ours and I have about a dozen things I want to change. Would be great to have the support opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselMD View Post
    We just took a 3000+ mile trip in ours and I have about a dozen things I want to change. Would be great to have the support opened up.
    HPTuners please add support for 5th gen 4runners. Thanks!

Tuner
    There are some 5th Gen 4Runner support available. I?ve tuned two to date. Engine Calibration only, transmission control isn?t (yet?) available.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDSM View Post
    There are some 5th Gen 4Runner support available. I?ve tuned two to date. Engine Calibration only, transmission control isn?t (yet?) available.
    I tried to get it to work but could not figure it out. I have a 2017 4runner and could you walk me through how you were able to access the ecu?

Thanks
    Nick

Tuner in Training
    ANOTHER VOTE FOR 2020 4Runner! Thing is a turd. Wife wanted it. She couldn't of gotten something tunable of course lol

Tuner in Training
    Not sure if this helps the HP Tuners team but here is a 2020 4runner File direct from TIS. Its a full ECU file in their format but can be converted to a .bin file. This file deletes the safety systems for aftermarket items like lift tires etc. Not sure what is all turned off from the original flash. I cant find the Original file on TIS, hope it helps!

Edit NVM wont let me upload the .CUW file. what email can I send it to?

Just triyed pulling file on my 15 Limited, and it gets to about 72% and can't read after that..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttmerc View Post
    Not sure if this helps the HP Tuners team but here is a 2020 4runner File direct from TIS. Its a full ECU file in their format but can be converted to a .bin file. This file deletes the safety systems for aftermarket items like lift tires etc. Not sure what is all turned off from the original flash. I cant find the Original file on TIS, hope it helps!

Cant I use Techstream to update it?

Tuner in Training
    has anybody had any updates from the devs on this topic i have a 2012 4runner sr5 i would like to mess with.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttmerc View Post

Were you ever able to acquire the file with all features still intact?

If not, are you willing to share with me at least the one you offered to the HP Tuners team? TIA

Potential Tuner
    The 4runner and the 2010+ FJ cruiser basically have the same running gear, my 2013 FJ has a 89663-35C80 calibration and is currently supported by HP Tuners showing as a 335C80 operating system
    mind you my FJ is an Australian delivered model and is automatic.

Potential Tuner
    Thats also something I just dont understand. Most Tacoma Models these days no longer even contain a 4.0 Liter engine. Only if its a manual can you get a 5th gen in a 4.0 option but they decided to support that engine first? FJ Cruisers and 4Runners are still the only model cars that stay true to having a 4.0L V6 throughout there entire generations. Reading your comment makes me think that I would atleast be able to read some data and modify slight changes but really until they officially release support, HPTuners is killing my patience. I wont purchase there products until I KNOW it will work. Also, Why couldn't they transfer or edit the SMALL changes that need to be made. Im sure its much more complicated but these are LITERALLY the same Engines.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Robaholic View Post
    Thats also something I just dont understand. Most Tacoma Models these days no longer even contain a 4.0 Liter engine. Only if its a manual can you get a 5th gen in a 4.0 option but they decided to support that engine first? FJ Cruisers and 4Runners are still the only model cars that stay true to having a 4.0L V6 throughout there entire generations. Reading your comment makes me think that I would atleast be able to read some data and modify slight changes but really until they officially release support, HPTuners is killing my patience. I wont purchase there products until I KNOW it will work. Also, Why couldn't they transfer or edit the SMALL changes that need to be made. Im sure its much more complicated but these are LITERALLY the same Engines.
    What I did to get support on my FJ is I started a ticket in HP Tuners support with all the required information using the MPVI2 Pro and VCM Editor, and I also supplied a Stock calibration file, I got the file by using BitBox Virtual Read.
    3 days later I was able to start tuning my FJ via a Beta version of VCM Editor.

HP tuners may no officially support your car, but thats because there are may be many different version of calibrations for that Vehicle/engine and they may not have a stock file yet.
    As far as I know, the denso ECU used on our vehicles, the stock file can not be read via the odb2 port, only identified.
    So If you have access to the stock file, start a ticket and upload it, you may be surprised like I was.

Potential Tuner
    Bump for 2020 support. Or if I can at least get my own hands on a 2020 cuw/bin file from someone, ECU version 35D70