Thread: Help transferring Base injector data

Help transferring Base injector data

As the title states im trying the transfer the base settings for the new injectors just so i can start the car and possibly get it on and off the trailer to the tuner . i did some reading and just dont wanna cause any issue if i put something in the wrong place let along mess something up . i only bought the scanner to make small adjustments once its done being tuned by a pro ! or even someone give me a bit of guidance when using the injector data and getting it in the right place thanks in advance attached is the base file for my Camaro and the injector data from fic , only problem is the data from fic is too big to upload so ill attach a link for you if anyone decides to help me out

Thank you very much
    Shawn

cant zip them so this is the info-----https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/HPTUNERS2150
    Attached Files Attached Files

Should be very straight forward. You are only going to change like 4-5 different tables.

Injector flow rate vs KPA

Min Injector pulse

Offset vs volts vs vac

Short pulse adder limit

Short pulse adder

FIC has everything labeled for you. Just look in the A column and it will say the ECU for the offsets, the last one down is the P01/P59 computers for the offset information.

Short pulse adder is labeled by ECU as well, copy the first one for short pulse adder and the last one is min injector pulse.

Last one is the same thing, the flow rate is labeled for what computer.

Those are some massive injectors too. Probably more than enough for 2,000+ horsepower and overkill for anything else. Best of luck using the stock computer with something this large. You will also need to cut the min fuel milligrams under the transient fuel tab from .041 down to something like .008 or .010 because if you don't it's going to be super rich at idle even you cut the MAF/VE way down to remove fuel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Well thats funny you say that because my tuner told me after i had already bought 127lb injectors they were not enough to reach my goal of 1100 which everything has been built towards ! ive spared no expense on this build and was questioning it as well but i have clue when it comes to tuning i would love to learn but this is by far the pile of money i want to play russian roulette with

Yeah, they are for sure overkill.

FIC had 130 lb/hr injector that would have done 1,300hp on pump gas and about 1,000hp on true E85 fuel. Those would have been $600 less and they had 180lb/hrs that they say are good for 1700 gas /1350 E85.

So the 240lb/hr injectors at 58psi are just a little bit large. I would set your fuel pressure to 43.5psi and set the flow rate data up for that.

Because if you look at the flow rate data they provide you are going to go above the max injector size the computer can handle. The drop in fuel pressure will make them right around 207lb/hr.

43.5 is 75% of 58. So if my thinking is right you would just mulitply the data in the spreadsheet by .75 to give you your new values. It's going to take you a few minutes with a calculator to do this. I can't edit your tune on my computer to help you with that.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 04-05-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, they are for sure overkill.

FIC had 130 lb/hr injector that would have done 1,300hp on pump gas and about 1,000hp on true E85 fuel. Those would have been $600 less and they had 180lb/hrs that they say are good for 1700 gas /1350 E85.

So the 240lb/hr injectors at 58psi are just a little bit large. I would set your fuel pressure to 43.5psi and set the flow rate data up for that.

Because if you look at the flow rate data they provide you are going to go above the max injector size the computer can handle. The drop in fuel pressure will make them right around 207lb/hr.

43.5 is 75% of 58. So if my thinking is right you would just mulitply the data in the spreadsheet by .75 to give you your new values. It's going to take you a few minutes with a calculator to do this. I can't edit your tune on my computer to help you with that.
    Injector flow rates are multiplied by the square root of the ratio of the new to old pressure - in this case, (43.5 / 58) ^ 0.5 = 0.866.

There's a handy-dandy calculator for just this job under "Tools -> Unit Conversion".

It's worth noting this only works for the 0 kPa cell, for higher manifold vacuum the net pressure should be used to scale (unless the fuel pressure regulator is vacuum/boost referenced). For example, the 80 kPa (11.6 psi) cell would be scaled by ((43.5 + 11.6) / (58 + 11.6)) ^ 0.5 = 0.890

(I realize you probably knew this, just commenting for posterity)

Potential Tuner
    Separate but similar question, 5FDP said to multiply date by .75.. does this include offset data? Below was my post on a fb group yesterday. No replies yet..

Injector offset question when setting up my DW 60lb/hr injectors in my P59. Haven?t started engine yet. Vacuum referenced return style.

Injectors are tested at 3 bar, but their injector data shows offsets for 58PSI PD and up.

Do I need to reduce offsets by 25% if I reduce fuel pressure by 25%? I?ve already set the IFR for 3bar fuel pressure. Thank you.

Thanks!