Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey guys installed a cam and ported/polished throttle body

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Wicked.

I am not sure where I am losing you here. I never once said that you should flash someone else file into your truck.

I don't know what you aren't understanding about copying data. Think of this as a word document and you are copying words and pasting them into another section of text.

The file that kevin posted has DATA that you need and that DATA is something you have to copy and paste into your tune.

This is why I typed this out. You MUST take that data and use an excel spread sheet to make this work. I don't know how to explain this stuff any other way.
    5FDP: The depth of your patience is impressive. Just reading this makes me want to

Wicked: my advice- read more. It's clear you need to gain a deeper understanding of basic concepts before you plug in and go to town on your vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    WA,
    Would you mind posting the excel spreadsheets? Learning a lot from your situation and the responses. Did the same thing, applied 2 bar, then noticed the line in the directions about populating 3 new tables. Anyways, fairly similar set up but you?re ahead of me if you have some spreadsheets built out.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    5FDP: The depth of your patience is impressive. Just reading this makes me want to

Wicked: my advice- read more. It's clear you need to gain a deeper understanding of basic concepts before you plug in and go to town on your vehicle.
    When taking advice from forums people may have tried something that works for them that doesn't always mean its the right way to do it, this is why it took me 3 days to get my truck running. I copied and pasted tables from similar builds and because the 2 bar was applied I struggled with tuning. I got it to idle with the VE tables zeroed but couldn't figure out the limitations. I understand the basics of tuning but every platform has pros and cons. I also do not have functional O2 sensors at the moment which I am trying to diagnose. When people get snarky in the forums it is only because they have no patience to help others.
    2007 Chevy Avalanche LT 4x4
    Rough Country 7.5 Lift
    Engine:2 Bar LC9 5.3L Flexfuel DOD delete
    Volant Cold Air System, Ported Throttle Body, Jet PowrStat 180
    Summit Stage 2(8701) Cam
    Stock bottom-end
    Longtube headers, Cat-less y-pipe
    Trans: Mad Dog L3 4L70E

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    WA,
    Would you mind posting the excel spreadsheets? Learning a lot from your situation and the responses. Did the same thing, applied 2 bar, then noticed the line in the directions about populating 3 new tables. Anyways, fairly similar set up but you?re ahead of me if you have some spreadsheets built out.
    Thanks
    Hey I am trying, this stuff is a learning curve. I don't know if I flipped the tables properly but this is what I did. I copied the Virtual Volumetric Efficiency table into Excel, then selected the exact amount of cells, copied that into a new Excel table, but before pasting into new table I had to right click select >past options>transpose

From there it did not populate the entire table, so I then averaged out the missing numbers then interpolated to blend them in.
    I pasted this same table in the two VE tables in Airflow> general tab, the third table is DOD so I didn't touch that one since I disabled it.

It got the truck running, I am trying to tweak it a little more to stop the RPMs from hanging but it is much better than before my timing adjustments for STFT are less than -6

Heres my log, the LTFT reads high because I am tuning MAF only so I think the O2 sensors are causing that reading tune27.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WickedAvalanche; 04-08-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    2007 Chevy Avalanche LT 4x4
    Rough Country 7.5 Lift
    Engine:2 Bar LC9 5.3L Flexfuel DOD delete
    Volant Cold Air System, Ported Throttle Body, Jet PowrStat 180
    Summit Stage 2(8701) Cam
    Stock bottom-end
    Longtube headers, Cat-less y-pipe
    Trans: Mad Dog L3 4L70E

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedAvalanche View Post
    When taking advice from forums people may have tried something that works for them that doesn't always mean its the right way to do it, this is why it took me 3 days to get my truck running. I copied and pasted tables from similar builds and because the 2 bar was applied I struggled with tuning. I got it to idle with the VE tables zeroed but couldn't figure out the limitations. I understand the basics of tuning but every platform has pros and cons. I also do not have functional O2 sensors at the moment which I am trying to diagnose. When people get snarky in the forums it is only because they have no patience to help others.
    That is partially true in my mind. I get snarky when it's obvious people are putting in time and effort to help and that help is basically being ignored. It looked like you were just flying through, not reading any of the valid solutions that were given to you, and continuing to post more without heeding any advice. Regardless, it looks like you've started to figure it out because you have slowed down and started to pay attention to the advice without all of the frantic "hey how about this" stuff. I think you've got a handle on it now.

I apologize for my snark, but man, you weren't doing yourself any favors the last couple of days. Truce?

With that, I'll stop clogging up your thread with useless stuff. Maybe the corona situation has me on edge. LOL.

Tuner in Training
    thanks WA! I should have paid more attention to excel during my career...now its going to haunt me..