Thread: Looking for Help with TUNING!!!

Tuner in Training

Looking for Help with TUNING!!!

I have a 85 K20 squarebody that I swapped a 6.0 LS LQ9 into. Looking for some guidance with the tuning of it.

Running e85, 80# bosch Injectors, CCP Jam Cam(230/242 & .608/615), Long tube Headers etc..

Attachment 98001 Square Body Log FIle 2 With tune 4.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Also I attempted doing Speed density rather than running the MAF. Just not 100% sure that i got all of that correct. Any help or insight is appreciated.

You need to wire in a separate IAT sensor or plug the MAF back in and just use it for the IAT sensor. You can not run this engine when it thinks the air temps are -38 degrees.

Get a wideband o2 sensor if you don't have one, this is the only way to calibrate the fueling with proper data.

Cylinder volume is setup for a 5.7 and not a 6.0, you want to change that too.

I do suggest applying the speed density enhanced OS upgrade to this computer, it will make VE tuning easier as it removes the secondary VE table. The secondary VE table is the only one used in speed density on the stock OS, so making changes the primary table do nothing. You will also gain back the high octane timing table because the stock OS only uses the low octane timing table in speed density. The enhanced OS fixes this two things.

The MAF can still be used is you want too, even with the OS upgrade.

I read that you say they are 80lb/hr, what fuel pressure is that at though?

What fuel pressure are you running right now?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Alright I will definetely get a wideband 02 sensor. Also I just pulled the pins on my MAF Sensor and wired in a IAT sensor. So have that problem taken care of.

Okay thanks for all of the input i will look into those tuning parameter and get them fixed. I also inputed some new data for some 80# injectors that i found online.

Running 58psi just the stock regulator off from the intake for now.

Tuner in Training
    Also how do i go about upgrading the OS to this computer???

If you click the OS tab in the tune there, the list of OS upgrades will be shown.

The speed density enhanced OS can be applied to the stock OS. This change will require a write entire and the instructions should say that too. Save the file under a new name in case for whatever reason you need to flash back to the stock OS file.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Okay got that all corrected and updated. Thanks For the help 5FDP. Greatly appreciated. Now that i have the OS updated you said its easier to tune?

Easier in that it takes less steps to do what you want and you also get way better resolution between cells because the primary VE table is larger than the secondary VE table. It makes dialing in the fueling better because there is more to work with, easier and smoother transitions for fueling.

Plus you gain the back the use of both the high and low octane timing tables.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome!!! Would you recommend i kind of start fresh on all my fueling tables since I have updated it now?

I don't really know how well it ran before and most of these changes shouldn't have thrown it off that much right now.

The wideband would let you know if any major things needed changed or if you allowed the computer to enter closed loop with fuel trims. The o2 sensor could tell you if something is way lean or way rich.

Tuner in Training
    Right. Well it was running decent. Has lots of room for improvement though. I was run around -14 for the long term fuel tab but im running e85 and still have it set up for gas. So if im thinking this through right it would be about -9.

Tuner in Training
    I have changed most of my fuel tables up and am going to try and run a few logs and see how it goes. Will post a couple of attachments. Would be awesome if someone could look over them for me. Also do I need to do anything to adjust for the fueling of E85. I left my stoich at 14.63 for tuning purposes.

I guess you could leave the stoich the same if you wish to keep it on the "gas scale", you'll still be tuning the airflow model the same way. With my widebands if it's setup for AFR, I don't bother to change the read outs for different stoichs. I just keep it on the gas scale and or switch to lambda.

Because unless you are pumping this E85 from a barrel, the stoich value is always going to change on you a little bit.

E85 at the pump here is never the same and it's not even close to E85 right now anyway. I have a newer truck with a real flex fuel sensor and the best I can get right now is E60.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah thats what I was thinking of doing. Just leaving it on the gas scale and tuning accordingly just have to remember that its not actually 14.7 on my gauge. Yeah ill just switch my PIDS over in HP Tuners to Lamda to make it easier for tuning purposes.

Yeah thats what everyone has been saying you cant get actual e85 right now until they have their summer blend out.

Thanks for the info!

Tuner in Training
    Would you happen to know why my IAT is still reading like -38? Its a brand new sensor and I have unplugged it to make sure it was working correctly by checking the ohms on it. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Switch the wires around on the IAT. Oddly enough even though its only 2 wires it makes a difference.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks For the help! Switched them around and its working correctly now