Thread: 2nd try at startup file...could someone check it

Potential Tuner

2nd try at startup file...could someone check it

After ordering what I thought was a proper startup file for my setup a year ago, I was disappointed to find it was nothing to what I requested when I tried to start my car last week https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...at-I-asked-for
    I also had no access to the base tune, so I basically had to start over from scratch.

Fast forward to today, after digging through a ton of old posts and tunes all week, I started with a brand new P01 and got everything properly setup at least for startup. just wondering if anyone could give it a quick once over...

My setup:
    5.3LM7 GenIII DBC
    PCM is a P01
    stock rails and FPR @ stock pressure
    80# SD injectors
    2bar MAP sesnor (full MAF sensor delete)
    wired in IAT
    twin 67mm turbos
    no O2s(will use WB when taken in for tuning)

MAF set to fail, 0101-0103 set to 1st error, 0hz and MAF table zeroed out
    80# SD injector data entered into fuel section with transient at .016
    VE table copied from similar repository file with 2bar SD/80# tune...appears relatively "tame" for start up
    stock spark tables
    STFT LTFT disabled
    EGR AIR disabled (not sure if EGR and AIR are fully disabled in the DTC section)

Any suggestions or observations would be appreciated!! Again I'm just looking for enough to start it and drive to the end of the driveway...I know it will need a a lot more to be driveable, but this will definitely be a big step after last weeks disappointment.

IMG_0098.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

The VE is likely going to be too rich. I'd take away a little bit of fuel and smooth it out more.

Don't forget to change the cylinder volume back to a 5.3 engine size.

Being that this is open loop with no o2 sensors the open loop EQ ratio needs some changes. Look in the tune repository for a stock truck file from that 01-02 years and copy that over. Those ones should have less fuel in it while cold and you want it to start to level off at 1.00 (stoich) above 120-140 degree coolant temps. Right now the current table is kinda rich and it will stay richer than stoich no matter what temp it is.

Do those changes and start it up, see what happens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.