Thread: Just bought 2010 camaro here is the tune and idle log

Tuner in Training

Just bought 2010 camaro here is the tune and idle log

I just purchased this 2010 Camaro. What i do know is it has long tubes Texas speed stage 3 231/239 no cats bora full exhaust Cold air. Automatic 3800 stall.

If anyone of the Guru can take a peek and let me know what you think. It has a kind of high idle and surges a little up and down. The trans seems fine does the shift pressure look right.

Thank you guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

There are things I don't exactly agrees with but to say it's a crap tune is hard to know at this point with just an idle log, no wideband o2 sensor and lots of missing data from the log file that could be helpful.

Idle is set to 850rpm when above 110 degrees, so that's not really high but it's right on with what it's set for. Lower it down to 700-750 if you want.

The open loop EQ ratio is set to 1.00 for all cells, I wouldn't have done that.

Both high/low timing tables are exactly the same, that should not be set that way. If there was knock it could never remove it because the low octane table has the same values. Highlight the whole low octane timing table and remove 5 degrees from the entire thing. Now you have less timing like it should have.

I don't know what that camshaft would prefer for idle timing but it's possible they picked to have it lower because they wanted it to have a chop/surge to it. You can raise the timing if you want to see how it changes. You can also reduce the values in the over/underspeed spark correction tables because right now it can change the timing a ton. Cutting it back from -24 degrees and +25 degrees to something like -12 and +12 may help.

Compare this tune to a stock tune if you want to see how much other stuff has changed. Like transmission settings and so on. You're the one driving it, so you are going to be the one that decides if the shifts are too harsh or too soft. Makes your changes based on how it drives.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    5FDP i sure will take a look at comparing. The open loop EQ table what should i set that as? I will change the low table buy 5. What should i add to the log? I have a wide band on order and will have it installed asap.