Thread: HELPPP PLEASE VVT Delete?

Tuner in Training

HELPPP PLEASE VVT Delete?

I think I made a mistake when ordering parts. I am fixing up a 2007 Avalanche, 5.3 LMG Flex with DOD.
    I recently did a DOD delete kit, timing chain, cam swap with a Summit stage2 8701 truck cam(non VVT/AFM).
    I just read that I also needed a VVT delete kit which Summit tech support did not mention I had to remove.
    Did I just ruin my engine?
    Is there another way around this without me having to tear this apart again?
    Is this why I am getting Cam Position Sensor code?
    Did I just bend my valves?

2007 never came with VVT on the 5.3 engine.

They did not add VVT on the 5.3 until 2010.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I have read so many contradicting articles that I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong with my tuning.

The GM LS wiki page has the information on the engines if you want to double check. They don't have VVT in 2007-2009 5.3's.

Did the dots line up when installed the camshaft?

Did you keep the stock cam gear or use a new one?

Is the sensor new or original?

Is the harness good?

Also if you don't have a wideband o2 sensor, good luck trying to dial that camshaft in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedAvalanche View Post
    I think I made a mistake when ordering parts. I am fixing up a 2007 Avalanche, 5.3 LMG Flex with DOD.
    I recently did a DOD delete kit, timing chain, cam swap with a Summit stage2 8701 truck cam(non VVT/AFM).
    I just read that I also needed a VVT delete kit which Summit tech support did not mention I had to remove.
    Did I just ruin my engine?
    Is there another way around this without me having to tear this apart again?
    Is this why I am getting Cam Position Sensor code?
    Did I just bend my valves?
    Yours didn't have VVT, just like 5FDP said.
    Your tune is really bad. If you'll update the tables that I pointed out in your other thread, it'll start and run.

Tuner in Training
    Im fairly certain the dots lined up, new 3 bolt cam gear from a timing chain kit. I had the engine idling on factory tune with diablosport generic tune dialed in but I couldn't blip the throttle so I obviously needed more tunability. But then I bought the HP tuner and ported the throttlebody and now it will not stay idling. I tried many different things. tried copy and pasted with similar aftermarket parts along with reading through countless threads and tried some things that didn't work. I am at wits end.