Thread: Strange Looking VE Table

Strange Looking VE Table

Hi All,

I have recently installed a new fabricated LS intake with a 102mm throttle body on my 6.0L engine. After tuning the MAF with 24lb injectors, I decided to try and go with a 1bar SD tune and install my 80lb decapped fuel injectors.

I have gone for a few drives and have managed to dial in my idle and part throttle. However, as I drive and tune, the graph I am seeing is looking funny. The values I'm using to reach stoich are much higher than anything I have seen in similar compare files.

My first reaction is the scaling for my injectors is all wrong. It's also possible that something is up with my fuel pressure. I have parts on the way to help check that. In the meantime looking for any input or thoughts on the following half tuned VE table.

For what it's worth I am running a fairly large cam with smaller heads giving my engine approx 10.5:1 compression.

crazyVEtable.jpg

Holy intake temps batman, those are extremely high.

And you're going to get this alot, toss them de-caps and get real injectors. I wouldn't trust them so it's hard to say if this is why your VE table looks the way it is. Just changing the flow rate stuff isn't right when it's taking a stock injector and tripling it's flow rate.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes.. the intake temps are scary high. I'm running long tube headers and they seem to heat up the entire engine bay. I am also not running a cold air intake at the moment. I have mounted the IAT directly to the sheet metal intake, and hopefully this is simply a matter of heat soak. Still I will need to find a better solution.

I am going to wait on the fuel pressure adapters I have coming in the mail. I suspect it may be low.

And yes, I agree, the decapped injectors are likely giving me some sort of trouble. I am going to give it the old college try before springing for new injectors.