Thread: Primary vs Secondary ve table question

Tuner in Training

Primary vs Secondary ve table question

Why does my Primary table have significantly more rows/ columns than my secondary table? Since disabling the maf would force me to run off of the secondary table (i assume), is there a way to copy the column values from my prim to secondary? pics of what I am talking about! thanks all!ve prim.pngve sec.png

You do it the other way around. Because it runs on only the secondary VE table you need to make a chart in the scanner that matches that table. Log the data and with your results you paste that to the secondary VE. Then you take each row of the secondary VE table and paste those matching rows in the primary table. Once there you click interpolate in the primary table to blend everything together from the cells you changes and the cells you didn't. I hand smooth everything from there.

Why GM did it this way, I can't say. It's just pretty annoying.

You can get around this secondary VE table if you apply the speed density enhanced OS upgrade if there is one available in the OS tab. It remove the secondary VE completely.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

You can right click Copy with Axis in the Primary table and then paste with Axis into Secondary table. It keeps the values in the particular Row/Column as they are from where you copied them.

Edit: WHAT HE SAID

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the tip, it is still necessary to do this if you don't plan on running a maf sensor? Or is the primary chart still referenced in lieu of a maf?

On a stock OS with out any patches running speed density only AKA running maf-less will only use the secondary VE table

Tuner in Training
    Got it, thanks.