Thread: First log, how's it look?

Potential Tuner

First log, how's it look?

Well, here's my first log on HPTuners. I am just breaking in a new clutch so wasn't able to go WOT. Curious if anyone has any immediate thoughts?
    e39 M5 BMW
    fresh genIII 5.3 with genIV rods/pistons/china head studs/ARP rod bolts/gapped rings
    twin 6266s/twin Tial gates (12psi springs) and BOVs
    800cc Deatschwerks injectors/Fast FPR/Stealth340
    BTR tt cam kit/worked 799 heads/ls6 intake/ls6 TB
    t56 magnum/Mantic twin disc
    Go-Fast-Bits G-Force2 EBC
    Dual 15gph nozzles Alkycontrol (not turned on yet, will be 100% meth spraying after IAT)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Couldn't really tell ya because you don't have enough in the log to help you know what is going on.

You're missing knock retard, commanded air fuel ratio or EQ ratio (lambda). No injector information. You are logging the wrong MAP sensor channel because it pegs out at 105kpa. Remove the 1 bar channel and replace it with a 2 bar or 3 bar map channel. Add cylinder airmass and anything else you think you need to watch.

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor and can you get it into you logs? That is a 100% must for tuning.

I don't know if things are even setup properly for some of the parts you used. Did you apply the 2 or 3 bar OS for boost??

Or like injectors, map sensor settings, speed density settings, power and boost enrichment and things like that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Couldn't really tell ya because you don't have enough in the log to help you know what is going on.

You're missing knock retard, commanded air fuel ratio or EQ ratio (lambda). No injector information. You are logging the wrong MAP sensor channel because it pegs out at 105kpa. Remove the 1 bar channel and replace it with a 2 bar or 3 bar map channel. Add cylinder airmass and anything else you think you need to watch.

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor and can you get it into you logs? That is a 100% must for tuning.

I don't know if things are even setup properly for some of the parts you used. Did you apply the 2 or 3 bar OS for boost??

Or like injectors, map sensor settings, speed density settings, power and boost enrichment and things like that.
    Thank you so much for replying. I am your grasshoper, except I am less than a grasshopper. I am an ant.....an ameba in the tune world. I need help, and direction.
    I thought the KR was active, oh. I just saw the bar scale and figured it was active.
    I do have dual Innovative LC-2 widebands wired into the EIO plug but haven't set them up yet on scanner. I guess the 02 voltage I'm seeing is the 02 sensor readings from GM ones?
    As for the MAP sensor thing you mentioned, I think You are probably right about that too haha. I thought that was my EBC activating overboost feature which i set at 16psi.
    Since I changed from 5 to 12psi wastegate springs, I was afraid to make a hard pull without setting overboost at 16psi becasue my previous setup that was tuned for WOT was making about 15psi peak boost. I wasn't sure if the duty cycle for the EBC would now yield a different boost value because the spring opens later now. I am running a 3 bar MAP sensor so it sounds like I need to change that as well.

Pretty much i need to do everything you've mentioned and I'm sure more, too bad I don't know where to begin lol. I haven't figured out yet how to do anything really. Every time I go to reading on basics, the article i'm reading sends you on a rabbit trail of links, and those links lead you to other links.....and before I know it I am not learning the right stuff...the VERY basics! This isn't anyone else's fault, it's my own for not knowing how to tune. I want to learn. I wish i had a loal guy to show me the ropes in Richmond VA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chucklee; 04-07-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Is there a way to post my whole tune file here for you to see? I know the tune I have is excellent for the 15psi I was making before. I had no complaints on the tune anywhere, and shouldn't have considering it was done by paid professional tuner.