Thread: Can i get a look over on this tune

Tuner in Training

Can i get a look over on this tune

Hey guys, can you give this current tune file a look over and critique. i had the car out the other day doing some maf tuning and i thought things were pretty decent. i started it up today after sitting a few days and idle is very very lean. lean when i rev it.

i was working on a ve sd tune the other week, but im not sure if i didnt have the maf failed correctly or if i wasnt doing something correct, but i had to take a lot out of the vve table to the point the numbers are close to gen3 numbers, and i dont think thats correct. so i threw in the towel and started to just do maf instead lol.

car was tuned prior to the ported heads and intake by a shop and the tune was good, i decide to tune it this time around after porting the heads and intake,im just to the point of being frustrated with it.

specs
    71 chevelle, t56, E38 ecu
    6.0, flat top pistons 10.9:1cr
    milled and ported 823 rect port heads
    cam motion 232/244 112lsa cam
    ported ly6 truck intake
    ported truck throttle body (ported tb was on when tuned with stock casting heads)

attached is the current maf tune and datalog for cruise and todays idle log.
    i will also attach the sd tune just so you can see.

thanks

aaronmaf 4 3 20 3.hptdrive 4 3 20.hplcold start idle 4 6 20.hplSD initial 3_30_20-6.hpt
    71 chevelle- 6.0, HCI, t56, 411

I think you have the wrong MAP sensor settings for the MAP you are running.

When you KOEO the MAP is reading 120kpa, it should only read around 100kpa depending on where you live. It also goes up to around 114kpa under heavy load and that is just not possible without boost.

If the MAP sensor is from an older year truck like 07-09 the MAP sensor settings are different than 2010+.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I think you have the wrong MAP sensor settings for the MAP you are running.

When you KOEO the MAP is reading 120kpa, it should only read around 100kpa depending on where you live. It also goes up to around 114kpa under heavy load and that is just not possible without boost.

If the MAP sensor is from an older year truck like 07-09 the MAP sensor settings are different than 2010+.
    ah damn, youre right, i did have to change the map sensor because its an earlier intake. i assumed they were same just different attachment to the intake. this is a different intake from when it was initially. original intake is a 2011, and the ecu is 2013.
    i will have to change the settings.

im sure that would be causing some of the issues im having?

thanks

aaron

It will for sure throw your data logs off because the MAP values aren't accurate.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I found a stock 08 6.0 truck tune in repository, And changed the map values. I’ll give another try tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    i changed the map values and took it out earlier today.
    I ended up starting over with the maf tune. it seems much better.

What are your thoughts? could only get a few logs and reflashes. I may start over with the SD at some point. im going 4l80e at some point so im sure ill have to redo it, again.

thanks

Aaron
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you are tuning the MAF, you need to go to DTC's and make P0101,102,103 MIL on second error and check the boxes.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8