Thread: 2017 S550 - Enable rear diff temperature sensor

Potential Tuner

2017 S550 - Enable rear diff temperature sensor

I have a 2017 Mustang GT. I swapped in the 2018 digital cluster which includes a gauge for the rear axle oil temperature sensor. I checked my rear diff and I have the sensor. As somebody who goes to the road course, this information would be really helpful.

I currently have a FRPP Power Pack 2 installed currently (cal ID: MGMPJ56.H32), and it is not functioning (always sending 60C). I checked with others that swapped to this cluster and it is working for them, so I flashed back to my stock tune using ProCal and low and behold it was functional (stock tune cal ID: FPGS0KT.H32).

I don't believe this is a parameter in the OS that is currently exposed in HP Tuners. Would it be as simple as uploading the calibration from my FRPP Power Pack 2 with HP Tuners, flash back to stock with ProCal, and then transfer the differences in the calibration from Power Pack 2 -> stock tune and everything work?

Keep in mind this has the GT350 TB right now and I couldn't find an answer if there are additional parameters in the calibration or OS that allows the Power Pack 2 to have good drivability vs other tunes that have attempted to use it.

Thanks

i wasnt aware of this with the frpp os, i too have an 18 cluster swap and noticed always at 140f on rear diff. i turned it off with forscan.

have you found any settings on the stock os that references this though? would be helpful to have the table # to ask support if it can be added.

Potential Tuner
    I loaded both tunes from here: into HPTuners and I don't see an option in the OS page nor any of the other pages to enable this sensor. Where can I find the table# at?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post557712

The off/on is through FORSCAN, it's in the IPC module. But the temp always stayed at 140 with the frpp2 tune. I'll try switching it back on

Have not seen anything in the tune itself

Bring back this thread.

I did flash a roush tune into a 2017 GT and I have the cluster error message : Axle Over Temperature Reduced Speed
    In the tune the only related diff temps are the DTC P18xx and they are all to no err reported , in the roush tune and in the stock tune.

Nothing in the HPT to delete this message ?

I don't have those 3 last parameter in any roush file or stock file read , MT or AT , version 4.8.7

It's in my FSGP1A2 Stock file as well as MGMCAL7 Roush, 2016 GT AUTO using beta 4.9.802

so it s a parameter that should be available soon , will wait , been a year i m looking for solution , just annoying to clic OK button each start . Thanks for your time.