Thread: Idle drops randomly.

Tuner in Training

Idle drops randomly.

So after playing for a few days i am running out of ideas. I would not have expected the idle to behave this way since the the whole motor is stock. I figured once the Maf was dialed in it would idle great. but if i lower it back to stock 600rpm it dies all the time. Even at 800rpm it loves to dip to 500rpm even just sitting doing nothing. I have tried increasing and decreasing idle airflow desired throttle with no changes.

Also having a issue with low RPM cruise anything under 1350rpm seems to be the issue. Really bad bucking along with IPC errors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

try idle torque tables
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

What did you change that caused the issue? You said it was stock.

Tuner in Training
    So the problem is getting progressively worse the more I drive the car. No matter what I change in the tune once its warm it will not hold a Idle. If i raise the idle it will hold better usually above 800rpm. Pretty sure I have a mechanical problem maybe VTC gears are failing?

Advanced Tuner
    sounds more like a vac leak
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Looks like your car is boosted. But important to know what kind of Charger boost your car? 2018+ with automatic gearbox are very sensible at idle. Depends on what manifold is installed, the idle problem is to find in the idle/General- Idle/RPM- Idle/Tourque- Airflow/Speed desity- Airflow/IMRC- Airflow/Variable Camshaft section.

Tuner in Training
    Stock 19 manifold and throttle body. I have removed the IMRC actuators though. And yes that can cause issues but the fact that it is progressively getting worse is whats worries me. At this point the car will not even start and stay running unless i rev the shit out of it. Even then is will low idle a sec later and die.

Post your imrc tune settings please.