Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I just brick my PCM?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryBear View Post
    I flashed the tune that I was using just prior to bricking my PCM. I didn?t do a segment swap. Maybe I should have? Seemed like all was well except for throttle input. It cranked and everything...
    Im not sure. Honestly the way you did by having it flashed by GM first is probably the best way to do it. You probably did a write entire? The PCM I used I just did a segment swap on everything from the old stock file, did a write entire, reread the file, copied everything from my tune I went to flash before the PCM died, did a write calibration and relinked vats.
    I would have preferred to have it GM flashed first but with what's going on everything is closing early, and really behind on work so I decided to try it and was lucky. The PCM I used was the same part number too.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by momotunes View Post
    Im not sure. Honestly the way you did by having it flashed by GM first is probably the best way to do it. You probably did a write entire? The PCM I used I just did a segment swap on everything from the old stock file, did a write entire, reread the file, copied everything from my tune I went to flash before the PCM died, did a write calibration and relinked vats.
    I would have preferred to have it GM flashed first but with what's going on everything is closing early, and really behind on work so I decided to try it and was lucky. The PCM I used was the same part number too.
    I ended up just getting an identical PCM flashed with the VIN I needed from Flashmasters.com. $120 and had it in 2 days. Hell, the dealer would have probably charged me that just for the flash, if they were even willing to do it.

As far as flashing, I did not write entire. I did a write calibration using the tune I was running before I bricked it. Again, using the bench harness. I?m not brave enough to risk flashing it in the vehicle again.