Thread: NOOB 02 Savana 3500 L31, easy Q's and looking for advice

NOOB 02 Savana 3500 L31, easy Q's and looking for advice

EDITED since I learned some new info

Is the L31 Gen2?
    Which wideband can I use with VCM and a non canbus 02

LONG VERSION
    I am total noob. Bought a MPVI2 w 2 credits to read and tune my 02 Savana 3500 5.7l L31 w 4l80e as well as have a fully featured scanner for the rest of my vehicles. I use toughbooks with cardocks and so always have a pc at my fingertips in my vehicle.

My goal is getting my engine running correctly and tuning for MPG. I know CPI TB is not as good for that as direct injection, and am looking for advice or direction to more specific/appropriate resources for my goal(s), please. Most googling turns up results for max HP/torque tuning for gen3 or newer and/or forced induction.

I have watched goat ropes 101 series and now I'm reading up and trying to fill in the gaps in my knowlege. It's so hard reading posts with all the shorthand abbreviations especially when I already don't know/understand the terms they represent. Why am i always so interested in subjects with such steep steep learning curves?

I have a few Express/Savana friends who are looking for a tuner for thier vans. I'm hoping to get in the door and maybe lead a few of them over here when I get my van tuned up with the MPVI2

Thank you for having me, I look forward to participating in the community!
    Last edited by interestingfellow; 04-07-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by interestingfellow View Post
    EDITED since I learned some new info

Is the L31 Gen2?
    Which wideband can I use with VCM and a non canbus 02

LONG VERSION
    I am total noob. Bought a MPVI2 w 2 credits to read and tune my 02 Savana 3500 5.7l L31 w 4l80e as well as have a fully featured scanner for the rest of my vehicles. I use toughbooks with cardocks and so always have a pc at my fingertips in my vehicle.

My goal is getting my engine running correctly and tuning for MPG. I know CPI TB is not as good for that as direct injection, and am looking for advice or direction to more specific/appropriate resources for my goal(s), please. Most googling turns up results for max HP/torque tuning for gen3 or newer and/or forced induction.

I have watched goat ropes 101 series and now I'm reading up and trying to fill in the gaps in my knowlege. It's so hard reading posts with all the shorthand abbreviations especially when I already don't know/understand the terms they represent. Why am i always so interested in subjects with such steep steep learning curves?

I have a few Express/Savana friends who are looking for a tuner for thier vans. I'm hoping to get in the door and maybe lead a few of them over here when I get my van tuned up with the MPVI2

Thank you for having me, I look forward to participating in the community!
    Been tuning my 97 Express for years. First the 97 black box with TunerCats and now the 1 meg PCM. Had an 0411 in it at one point too.