Thread: Hard hesitation on acceleration (tune and scan attached)

Hard hesitation on acceleration (tune and scan attached)

The saga continues. After a year finally figured out my MAF issue. Restarted tuning from start now, idle ok, moving on to MAF only. If you see in attached scan from 2min 31 sec to 2 min 38 sec there are two acceleration attempts. Both accelerate well and then just fall flat on its face. I try to interpret the data looking for obvious but its not always clear to me. My interpretation of this is that the timing falls rapidly when the stumble happens and im wondering if thats whats causing the stumble?

2.2 ecotec, slapped on supercharger and injectors.

Assmaster Base - 180MAF BRA-VVE1 900 MAF 1.5 2.hptmaf2.hpl

Wondering if someone could take a look and help with some pointers. Yes, i know i should be in PE as well.

Ok, digging in a bit i see i added the the spark torque management type PID to the layout a while back. It changes from none to trans right when the hesitation happens. If i go into the torque managment tab, is there something specific i should be adjusting so it doesnt pull timing for TRANS? Any way this could be under engine or will it definitely be under the trans TM tab?
    Last edited by 99whitews6; 04-08-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Zero'd transmission torque reduction vs torque vs shift. Still pulling lots of timing as spark torque management type: TRANS

Other thing to note as im trying to analyze. Seems to consistently pull extreme timing when accelerating from from a stop or roll less than ~10-15 mph. If driving around 20+ MPH and punch it, it does not seem to pull any timing. Not sure if this helps.
    Last edited by 99whitews6; 04-08-2020 at 06:32 PM.

What HPT editor version are you running ???

I can't open your tune with my version. I'm using 4.4.4

Last edited by 99whitews6; 04-16-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Disable diff scoring. That was an issue for me when I had my 2009 G5 supercharged