Thread: 2000 JTEC manual swap

Potential Tuner

2000 JTEC manual swap

I've got a 2000 Durango 5.9l 4x4, I swapped the 46RE trans out for an nv3500. I'm working on getting the CEL turned off. I've gone through and tried multiple things in the transmission parameters, I'm still getting codes for the fluid temp, governor, l/u, and o/d solenoids.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    The Transmission codes I'm trying to eliminate are P0753, P0713, P0711, P1763, and P1899. If anyone has any ideas how to turn these off I'd appreciate you advice.

Banned
    Need a manual transmission calibration

Potential Tuner
    I was afraid of someone saying that. The Durango was never offered in a manual, in 2000 the Dakota was only offered with a manual in the 2.5l, 3.9l, and 4.7l. I'd need a 5.2l or 5.9l calibration to make it work. I know by experience that the 2000 dakota/durango ccd buss is unique and the 1999 pcm's create a no buss message in the odometer display when used in a 2000. Ram calibrations don't use the factory electric fan that the Durango/Dakotas had starting in 2000. I wish HPtuners would give us JTEC guys a master DTC list like the LS guys get to just turn off the codes that no longer pertain to our build.

Banned
    The issue with turning off DTC?s only is it does turn off anything in the code for the original automatic transmission. Automatic transmission limp mode and other things related to the transmission that cause engine derates and such could potentially still occur. Just my .02

Potential Tuner
    I understand what your saying. I'd rather have a way to alter the entire trans code like GM guys get with a segment swap but that's not an option with a JTEC. The truck works perfectly only problem is the CEL for a transmission that's no longer there. So turning off codes would be a nice alternative.