Thread: 13' CTSV stumbles after throttle blip

Potential Tuner

13' CTSV stumbles after throttle blip

Working on my 13' CTSV tune and correcting things that were previously done. I bought the car with a 750HP kit, heads/cam/nw 102 tb/ 850cc injectors and Kooks longtubes. The tune seemed to built for WOT only so drivability was way off. It had a super lazy warm startup and cold starts seem to struggle. I believe I have worked this out with some massaging of the startup flare and startup air tables.

The issue I've been working on now is the throttle blipping. It struggles. There's a major hesitation when tipping into the throttle and after it rev's up, it almost dies. I've added 15% to the Final air table and this didn't correct the behavior. Any advice on where to focus? I've added 2 degrees to the base timing table as well but this didn't help either. Any guidance is appreciated. Attached are a cold and warm startup and current tune file.

Attachment 98232
    Attachment 98233
    Attachment 98234
    Last edited by all_b00sted; 04-10-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    First thing I noticed is that your VVE table is stock.. with all of your mods I think that should be tuned as well

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    First thing I noticed is that your VVE table is stock.. with all of your mods I think that should be tuned as well
    I'm sure there's probably more to adjust. When I first got my mpvi2 last week, I pulled the tune off and compared to a stock file from the HP tuners repo, and found many things were left in stock form. I wanted to dial in the startup and idle, then get to the remaining items.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by all_b00sted View Post
    I'm sure there's probably more to adjust. When I first got my mpvi2 last week, I pulled the tune off and compared to a stock file from the HP tuners repo, and found many things were left in stock form. I wanted to dial in the startup and idle, then get to the remaining items.
    i would first get the maf dialed in. Then the VVE.....then after that work on the idle. Then the spark

Both MAF and VVE are off. This causes you to chase your tail on idle issues which then causes the car to chase your corrections with timing. Further without adjustments to

12940 - Requested Airflow Low Barometric : g/s @ rpm vs tb blade position used in TQ, idle and predictive airflow
    12941 - Requested Airflow Medium Barometric : g/s @ rpm vs tb blade position used in TQ, idle and predictive airflow
    12942 - Requested Airflow High Barometric : g/s @ rpm vs tb blade position used in TQ, idle and predictive airflow

for a 102 TB you are always going to have issues.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Both MAF and VVE are off. This causes you to chase your tail on idle issues which then causes the car to chase your corrections with timing. Further without adjustments to

12940 - Requested Airflow Low Barometric : g/s @ rpm vs tb blade position used in TQ, idle and predictive airflow
    12941 - Requested Airflow Medium Barometric : g/s @ rpm vs tb blade position used in TQ, idle and predictive airflow
    12942 - Requested Airflow High Barometric : g/s @ rpm vs tb blade position used in TQ, idle and predictive airflow

for a 102 TB you are always going to have issues.
    I don't seem to have any of those ID's you listed. Do I need to submit a ticket to HPT to get an update of some sort? I have the latest stable version of Editor.

I've been working on the MAF and should have a good log tomorrow after putting in some updates based on a EQ error graph, using the AEM-wb on lambda.

Yes you have to make a request. There is list of missing. Search for 12940and you will find my post of the the additions. HPT promised they would add them all after I did the research and doc of them. They did not
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi

Potential Tuner
    Getting weird results on the maf tuning. After researching, I found what I thought was needed to run on maf only so as to dial it in, but when I get the histogram numbers, then "paste special, multiply by & half" , it feels like the target has moved on me. What effect does ECT or engine run time have on this? I've disabled LTFT, closed loop, and dynamic air, DFCO. Also, what would cause the car to go super lean when coasting to a stop and being in drive, just idling, I saw 1.17-19 lambda? Here is the latest tune, from which i need to make some adjustments to the maf curve, based off the last drive, could someone help me in telling me if I have everything disabled that I need to for maf tuning? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by all_b00sted; 04-20-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Yes you have to make a request. There is list of missing. Search for 12940and you will find my post of the the additions. HPT promised they would add them all after I did the research and doc of them. They did not
    Thanks for the insight, I made a request for it.

You will need to do some reading on ECM 12303, injector tip temp and the rich after flash issue. I spent about 7 months finding that in the ECM. It was implemented by HPT in early 2016 and in production by mid 2016. You will have to read around all the BS about who did what. GHuggins is a good friend. You will need many more PIDs to get you care nailed down.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?66837-Rich-After-Flash-Injector-Tip-Temperature&p=497882&viewfull=1#post497882

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ch-after-Flash