Thread: Custom Data Sync Settings?

Tuner in Training

Custom Data Sync Settings?

Is there anyway to create a scenario other than what?s listed as a sync point?

For example, using ?first time achieved 60mph.? I road race and I?m trying to sync vcm scanner, go pro gps data and track addict. The vcm scanner data is hard to sync without gps capability because I start it a few minutes before I go on track (I have to secure the laptop and get strapped in).

Or if anyone has better idea.

Also I have the advanced racerender if there is anything custom that allows me to do?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MinDseTz View Post
    Is there anyway to create a scenario other than what?s listed as a sync point?

For example, using ?first time achieved 60mph.? I road race and I?m trying to sync vcm scanner, go pro gps data and track addict. The vcm scanner data is hard to sync without gps capability because I start it a few minutes before I go on track (I have to secure the laptop and get strapped in).

Or if anyone has better idea.

Also I have the advanced racerender if there is anything custom that allows me to do?

Thanks
    The Data Synchronization Wizard has a number of options to try to automatically align two inputs such as "Movement: Start moving after being stopped" or "Lap: First time crossing start/finish line (Lap 1 start)". These can be helpful starting points, but I tend to manually synchronize my videos since I can see my tachometer in my video and can align that to my data.

If you click the "Side by Side" button near the Input Files, it will let you move the left input relative to the right input (if you use the buttons on the left or drag that pointer, then it only moves the left; but if you click the buttons on the right or drag that right pointer, then it moves both inputs the same amount). So, I find the spot in my video where I'm at about 3000rpm during my first hard acceleration, then click that "Side by Side" button to open this window:
    Synchronize.jpg
    I then change the Data Display to Engine RPM Graph to make sure that I can get relatively close to the point where I'm accelerating up to 3000 in my data on the left (as opposed to crossing it during braking at a later spot in the data or after a shift). Then I fine tune it by changing to just Engine RPM and trying to make the needle match what's in my video. I'll then watch through at least once to make sure they match as close as possible (sometimes bumping left or right a few frames to see if it looks better or worse).

In your case, you could use the Speed Graph and Speed options to more easily see where you cross 60 mph in your video data and try to match that in your VCM Scanner data. Keep in mind that your GoPro data is likely a lot less precise than the speed measured from other sources since it's just interpolating GPS coordinates. So, 60mph in your VCM Scanner might not exactly match when it happens in your other data, but it should get you pretty close; and you can fine tune from there.

Helpful tips here: the single < and > buttons will move 1 frame at 30fps. If you hold down the Shift key, then it will move 1/2 frame at 30fps (i.e. 1 frame at 60fps). This can help exactly fine tune the video with the data.