Thread: LS6 Tuning O2's for Long Tubes

Potential Tuner

LS6 Tuning O2's for Long Tubes

Hi everyone,
    First time posting here and I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

Stock '03 z06 long block, with Vararam & LG longtube headers. The headers moved the sensor about 12" further down and into the collector.
    I have basic understandings of tuning but I'm definitely a rookie. I think the P0131 & P0151 errors that I've gotten on a few occasions are because the front O2 sensors warm a little slower when moved downstream. I've been told I could switch to rear O2 sensors because they warm up faster but I'm wondering if I can resolve this with proper tuning. Or perhaps I'll have to install the rear O2's (with necessary front/rear conversion harnesses).

I took the car out for a drive today. I mistakenly closed my initial log (cold->warm and light throttle), but saved and attached a log from later in the drive. Car was completely warm. Made a couple hard pulls but otherwise light throttle cruising. No CEL during the drive.

I found some information in another thread that MIGHT be relevant (but Gen4 engine) and I'm hoping someone can clarify this information.

""
    Typically with just headers you can lower proportional base airflow by 5 or 10 %, increase integrator delay airflow by 20 or 30 % and then reduce proportional limit down to 1.25 or so to clean up drivability... This is also if the O2's are half again or double further downstream than they were - like I said - everything effects these settings and will require you to log MAF airflow and either increase or decrease specific portions of these tables...
    ""
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have long tubes on my foxbody swap and didn?t change any of the things you mention. If your o2 sensors aren?t switching, you probably have a vacuum leak. I was surprised myself how much a small 1/4 vacuum port threw my fuel trims off.