Thread: Pop/Bang/Flame-Thower/Burble tunes

Advanced Tuner

Pop/Bang/Flame-Thower/Burble tunes

Why are SOOOOOO many people begging and willing to sacrifice an arm, leg or unborn child to get these tunes? I dont understand or get it. Its ANNOYING AF! What's the appeal? Does ANYONE know the answer to this question? Sheesh!
    Last edited by jaydubb71; 04-11-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Gotta be internet cool brah.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Gotta be internet cool brah.
    LOL! Yeah thats the ONLY benefit. Just plain stupid tho. I was asked last night if I would do one and I was like HELL TO THE NAW! LOL!
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

I have not really even looked into it on stock computers to figure out how people are even getting it done. Having to remove all the cats and have a basically dumped exhaust just to get the flames and loud noises is kinda dumb.

My opinion would only change if the use for such a thing was really needed. Like in a standalone controller like a holley system, megasquirt etc etc where it's a turbo car that can use the two step/launch control/rolling anti lag to spool up the turbo.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have not really even looked into it on stock computers to figure out how people are even getting it done. Having to remove all the cats and have a basically dumped exhaust just to get the flames and loud noises is kinda dumb.

My opinion would only change if the use for such a thing was really needed. Like in a standalone controller like a holley system, megasquirt etc etc where it's a turbo car that can use the two step/launch control/rolling anti lag to spool up the turbo.
    I understand the purpose of it for launch control/antilag/2-step/etc. But the tunes these folks want is the bang pop when decelerating OR when theyre with their buddies (revving and popping when the RPMs come down after a rev). Involves turning off DFCO and retarding the timing in the low g/sec region. IT WORKS BUT... The gas mileage will suffer, your cats will die (if you have them) and the turbo(s) can be damaged. Then they will cry complain...

Advanced Tuner
    Kinda like the ricer crowd, who thinks putting a fart can on their cars makes it cool.....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    Kinda like the ricer crowd, who thinks putting a fart can on their cars makes it cool.....
    Exactly. Just ruining V8 cars...