Thread: Torque Management 8l90 tuning

Tuner in Training
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by justinschmidt1; 01-31-2023 at 10:15 PM.

Factory as many know is negative timing on the shift... I typically like keeping the timing slightly positive..
    Gives it just enough of a better quality shift mixed in with the correct pressure

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Factory as many know is negative timing on the shift... I typically like keeping the timing slightly positive..
    Gives it just enough of a better quality shift mixed in with the correct pressure
    Yea, I really am not a fan of how it shifts stock, Im sure its great for the transmissions longevity but just feels like it cuts all power and kills all momentum, kinda defeats the purpose of an automatic when it shifts like that.

With playing with the torque management, min spark, pressure and shift timing seems to be doing much better, shifting quicker without cutting all power and holding in some positive timing certainly gives it a more positive feeling like the car isnt losing all its momentum

Was this post in reference to an 8l90 with a t87 tcm? I have tried both beta and standard editor and I am always in advanced view. I do not have the table above and I am wondering why

you have to get it added to your OS if its not there. It wasnt there for my 2018 l83 a8 silverado, but HPT added to the latest beta.

Now if that table does anything, is another story....

Str8dum 1, I just downloaded the latest beta it’s still not there. Do you know if it’s something I have to contact hpt about or is there a sticky on how to add to an os? I have only read posts about people who want to change os.

I tried this table many times, and it has not effect for me. The only way you can decrease the torque reduction on the 8L90, is work around it with the min spark table in the ECM. I suggest opening a ticket with hp tuners support about how these tables don't work. The more people we can get to bring up the issues we have in controlling the 8L90 the better.