Thread: 2006 cts-v with LSA - car idles great, but interesting question-log n tune attached!

Tuner in Training

2006 cts-v with LSA - car idles great, but interesting question-log n tune attached!

So my tuner has the base running airflow minimum much above stock. Car just has an LS9 cam so pretty mild. I've been fine tuning some things on the tune. When I am logging I am reading that it is idling right around 5g/sec through the MAF, but the minimum idle airflow is set to about 10.6 at idle speed. Car idles pretty good at 725. It is MAF only tune.

Can anyone help me understand why it's not pulling in the 10cm/sec that table is set to? Not that I'd want it to, but I want to learn this.

I tried setting it at 0 as I've read in some tuning guides to start and log what it is naturally at during idle and it died right away after start up.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Log Dynamic Airflow and see what that says. You are calling for 15 degrees at idle and it is at 15--16 so the base airflow should be pretty close. If it is too high, it will drive down the spark. Look at your MAF table in the line view. It needs to be cleaned up. Should be a fairly smooth curve.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Dynamic airflow on the left - matches the MAF I noticed. I had bumped it down in neutral from 10.6 to 9. Runs the same. Still nice and low and idling pretty good around 725. I imagine I could decrease that value in the tables down to 5. New to idle tuning. I had decreased it down a little bit and I'm happy with 725 being a stick car. 02s are off as I am doing some MAF final tuning. log2.jpg final airflow minimum table- base running airflow.PNG
    Last edited by lowmpg; 04-13-2020 at 07:24 PM.