Thread: Problem with afr on this tune

Tuner in Training

Problem with afr on this tune

I have a customer who came in for me to check the tune on the car and make some more power out of it
    it is a ls2 stock motor with a gt42 turbo on it
    Now the pe table commands at about 3000 rpm 12.7 afr but the afr on the dyno is 11.4 on boost I don't know why he doesn't use the boost map pe enchancement table either
    I am asking if anyone has a standard map of this e38 pcm tune so I can compare to what changes the tuner before me has done

silly question but why isn't there any ve maps in this tune and how do I adjust the afrs correctly to read what is actually happening in the tune

I have attached the hpt file to this
    Valentturbols2tune.hpt

Did you post the wrong tune because that is a P01 computer with a primary VE table right in the airflow tab.

A E38 computer does not use VE tables, they are VVE tables under the edit tab. They are far different that a GEN 3's P01 or P59 controller.

Now the pe table commands at about 3000 rpm 12.7 afr but the afr on the dyno is 11.4 on boost I don't know why he doesn't use the boost map pe enchancement table either
    To answer this, they would have tuned it wrong to get this result. You are suppose to command an air fuel mixture with the PE and BE and make the VE table match that when using the wideband. So if the commanded AFR is staying at 12.7 even into boost, all they did was smack the VE table with tons of fuel to make it 11.4 instead of doing it the right way.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks mate I did post the correct tune
    I thought that might be the case
    I?ll dial back the ve table to match
    Thanks for your help

Make the PE something like that 12.5 AFR and then the BE should start at 12.5 at 0psi of boost and slowly get richer by 4-5+ psi to something like 11.5 afr.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.