Thread: Infiniti M56 support? VK56VD Ticket ID: 200320

Potential Tuner

Infiniti M56 support? VK56VD Ticket ID: 200320

I sent in a ticket with my infolog back in January and have sent a couple of follow-up emails with no response. Ticket ID: 200320

It's for a 2011 Infiniti M56 with the VK56VD engine.

There are several people online who have said they have tuned their M with HP tuners. I'm just wondering how long it takes to get setup.

Not complaining here, just trying to be a squeaky wheel to get noticed.

Thanks,
    Ken

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in AZ View Post
    I sent in a ticket with my infolog back in January and have sent a couple of follow-up emails with no response. Ticket ID: 200320

There are several people online who have said they have tuned their M with HP tuners. I'm just wondering how long it takes to get setup.

Thanks,
    Ken
    My 2011 was tuned but with Uprev. Massive potential in that engine. Only hope HP Tuners goes into the code and finds the parameters that put the car in limp mode over 210F oil temp. That car will damn near kill you in weather over 85F outside. ZERO throttle response. I think my Briggs and Stratton lawn mower would pull the car across an intersection better in warm weather. Stock or Tuned it had the same issue. Infiniti never would own up to it being a problem and called me a liar. I studied datalogs and it was like clock work. As soon as the oil hit 210 it would just fall on its face. It had a 2-3 second lag from the time you floored it until the car would move.
    Last edited by Fast4.7; 04-15-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I was on the dyno and my oil temps hit in the 240's and it didn't go into limp mode. What oil temp PID were you reading that went that high?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    My 2011 was tuned but with Uprev. Massive potential in that engine. Only hope HP Tuners goes into the code and finds the parameters that put the car in limp mode over 210F oil temp. That car will damn near kill you in weather over 85F outside. ZERO throttle response. I think my Briggs and Stratton lawn mower would pull the car across an intersection better in warm weather. Stock or Tuned it had the same issue. Infiniti never would own up to it being a problem and called me a liar. I studied datalogs and it was like clock work. As soon as the oil hit 210 it would just fall on its face. It had a 2-3 second lag from the time you floored it until the car would move.

Advanced Tuner

Thanks,
    Ken
    Where can I find these folks online who have had their cars tuned with HPT?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    I was on the dyno and my oil temps hit in the 240's and it didn't go into limp mode. What oil temp PID were you reading that went that high?
    Uprev engine oil temp. Also the my generic OBD2 app OBDLink showed the same reading.

How do you know you were not in limp mode on the dyno? It really only seemed to hold back the power and response under 20-30 mph. Most dyno operators do not floor the car in 1st gear from a stop.

Also your car made substantially less power than mine did stock. I hit 378 hp and 390 tq on a 95F day Stock at 86K miles before carbon cleaning. K&N drop-ins, the 144F thermostat and 2* timing advance had me at 390/410 before carbon cleaning too. My valves and ports were terrible.
    Last edited by Fast4.7; 04-17-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I have had my 3.5HR G35 Sedan do the same thing but the oil temps were way hotter on it. It does not have an oil cooler. The ECUs are programmed to reduce throttle response and power to reduce heat when the oil gets above a certain threshold. I limped the M56S in 40F weather once when it was stock. Oil temps were in that same 215-220F range even in that weather.

I have had my 350 Express van up to around 300F towing on a 105F day. I installed a temp sensor in the main oil gallery just above the oil filter adapter. Mobil One 5w30 gets super watery at that temp. My idle oil pressure dropped from 40 PSI to 15 PSI at those temps. I added a radiator with the cooler in the driver side radiator tank. Never got over 210F after adding the tow package cooler.
    Last edited by Fast4.7; 04-17-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Well I have logs of the first pull to the 6th pull, all within 6-8hp of each other and the oil temps were gradually increasing. Started at 198? and increased to 241? by the last pull. I didn't have the oil pressure PID logged at the time so I'm not sure of the pressure change.

I can tell you that no matter what, I never achieve full throttle. It hits 89% as a max so maybe that's why my power was down.

Keep in mind we are on Arizona 91 octane which is not the best for performance.

Advanced Tuner
    Well I have logs of the first pull to the 6th pull, all within 6-8hp of each other and the oil temps were gradually increasing. Started at 198? and increased to 241? by the last pull. I didn't have the oil pressure PID logged at the time so I'm not sure of the pressure change.

I can tell you that no matter what, I never achieve full throttle. It hits 89% as a max so maybe that's why my power was down.

Keep in mind we are on Arizona 91 octane which is not the best for performance.
    I think yours may have already been in soft shut down. Your AFR is running way richer than mine ever ran when making good power. Mine also never ran more than about 24* of timing at WOT. Richer mixture requires more timing advance but makes less power. My 3.5HR makes peak power around 31* at 7,000+ and 29* below 7K. My VK56DE in my Titan made peak power around 32* on 93 octane and 34* on E85.