Thread: HP Tuners 2013-2018 Porsche 991 GT3 and GT3 RS Support Now Available!

HP Tuners 2013-2018 Porsche 991 GT3 and GT3 RS Support Now Available!

2013-2018 Porsche 991 GT3 and GT3 RS

Introducing support for the 2013-2018 Porsche 991 GT3 and GT3 RS

An MPVI2 interface will be required along with the latest version of
    VCM Suite beta software. Licensing cost is 10 credits for the PCM
    and an internet connection will be required.

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
    • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

Porsche
    • 13-16 911 GT3 3.8L
    • 16-18 911 GT3 RS 4.0L

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-editor/changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

I've got a 991.1 CONTINENTAL SDI9 Carrera S if you'd like some BETA testing.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner
    Anyone have a base file for one of this so we can look at?

Much bigger market for the cayenne and panamera turbos of all generations. Will we be seeing those unlocked anytime soon?
    2012 Panamera Turbo
    2010 Cayenne GTS
    1991 Suburban 2500 - 565EFI, 6L90, NP205, 4 link/coilovers on 37s.

Advanced Tuner
    base tune would be nice

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    Much bigger market for the cayenne and panamera turbos of all generations. Will we be seeing those unlocked anytime soon?
    My buddy has a panamera base that I’d like to tune. Any plans for the v8 porsches?

Potential Tuner
    Hm.. Thank you!

Potential Tuner
    Is there any 991 gt3 specific documentation? I would like to see the base maps in VCM before pulling the trigger on all those licenses. As far as I?m aware COBB is the only other game in town for diy reflash tuning for this platform, it would be nice to see which maps are available and compare between the two.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by natecroix View Post
    Is there any 991 gt3 specific documentation? I would like to see the base maps in VCM before pulling the trigger on all those licenses. As far as I?m aware COBB is the only other game in town for diy reflash tuning for this platform, it would be nice to see which maps are available and compare between the two.
    Please see attached GT3 file, just be careful not to accidentally license this file.

Porsche GT3 Stock No vin.hpt
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Is there any way to log DI injector pulsewidth on 991 gt3? Need to figure out fuel system overhead for potential E50/70/85 use, but I can?t see any pid for logging DI pulsewidth in vcm logger or vcm beta when connected to the ECU. If I select the DI parameters prior to connecting they disappear as soon as I connect to log.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Please see attached GT3 file, just be careful not to accidentally license this file.

Porsche GT3 Stock No vin.hpt
    Are there plans to bring 991.2 gt3 support with mpvi?

Potential Tuner
    Im having an issue reading out a 16' GT3 3.8 Did the usual downloaded the latest, resync interface. No luck am I missing something?

Potential Tuner
    I recently started tuning my GT3 using VCM Beta

There are a few curiosities and questions I have regarding this platform if anyone familiar has time to read and answer that would be helpful.... I aspire to reciprocate once I'm more familiar with this platform.

- There does not seem to be any injector pulsewidth logging parameter available. Essential to have this parameter for those of us wanting to run E30,E50,E85

The load scaling strategy in this ecu is proving to be a bit harder to grasp than traditional VE strategy, some of the axis labels are hard to comprehend, and to be fair it looks like many of the VE related / airflow tables have been moved exclusively to the Beta version of VCM.

I have been attempting to understand the various Mass Airflow Correction tables found in vcm beta by modeling in excel alongside vvt targets to better understand the relationships.

One of the things that?s still a bit confusing to me is the axis description on ?Fill up efficiency? and ? Fill up conversion? tables being labeled with ?exhaust valve average closing angle? as an axis with a 50* range from 223-273* when the exhaust camshaft is only capable of 30* retard.

The intake camshaft indeed has 50* of advance, so I am wanting to confirm that the axis is labeled correctly - it makes more sense intuitively to have this table be intake adv (-50 - 0) since the intake range fits the axis much better than exhaust range.
    Perhaps the extra range 223-273 is just padding and not used? The ?Valve Overlap? Airflow characterization tables represent 85* of total relative motion (-30 thru +55* overlap) out of a possible 80* of actual possible camshaft relative motion; so just 5* of padding instead of 20* of padding (223-273) found on "Fill up efficiency" does not fit as well if the "Fill up Efficiency" tables indeed are based on exhaust valve event timing.
    - if this is the case, where on the axis does 0*-30* exh represent upper and lower table bounds, either 223-253, 233-263, 243-273 etc ?)

I have defined valve overlap as a math based logging parameter and will be experimenting with which commanded valve timings correspond to which areas on these tables.

Searching for learning resources that might assist in better understanding the logic of Porsche?s fueling strategy (pressure on filling conversion tables etc) that might save me some trial and error but have not had any luck. If anyone has anything please PM or reply here!

Other questions (besides airflow):
    - ECM 17565; 17568 Intake Manifold changeover tables - I have a few theories how these tables may work but no concrete knowledge. Any explanation would be helpful. Would also be nice to have a logging parameter on flap position.

- ECM 84356 in "Speed Density" - "Max offset Flow DK" What does "above DK" mean here? I am assuming some sort of airflow model learning parameter

- ECM 14856 In "Turbocharger" - "Wastegate" there's a dropdown for "Manual Control" - Enabled or Disabled. I can't imagine any vestigial turbocharger control tables in this ECU as the Turbo models use completely different logic from what I understand. Have not tested yet.

- ECM 16006 - 16008 Active Exhaust "HEM" - what does "Half Engine Mode" mean?

- ECM 14874 "Injection Mode - Strategy" - fully populated with Bit "1 - homogenous lean" but load axis only extends to 61.3%. Is it right to assume that the injection strategy reverts to Bit 0 "Homogenous" over 61.3 load?

- ECM 18473 - "Injection mode - Stable Burn" table definitions unclear - Bit 0-4 and 6-7 described but table is populated with "65", bit 5 is undefined.

General impressions

My particular engine is modded and is producing large sustained positive fuel trims that are difficult to correct for when the VE/airflow model is not well understood.
    The ecu does a phenomenal job hitting lambda targets in closed loop, however I have noticed if the STFT's are growing beyond a certain rate on throttle application and have not stabilized, the actual TPS (at the throttle blade) will lag behind the "desired TPS" until the STFT's have stabilized. This makes me think the ecu is waiting for fuel trims to stabilize before continuing to increase engine load. It's my impression that having correct airflow scaling / minimal STFT's is critical for good drivability and transient response on this platform. (easier said than done with little idea how to proceed with airflow tables )