Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just installed AEM 30-0310 it reads 1.5 to 1.6

i have the same headers and had the same issue using their location in the y pipe. i am tuning in open loop so the o2 sensors mean nothing to me right now. i removed the driver side o2 sensor and threaded my wideband in there. i put the plug they supplied back in the y pipe. you"ll also notice that the angle of the bung in the y pipe does not meet aems or boschs specs. i did not have any flange leaks at the heads though. if your headers are off i would recommend a set of pro form bolts with nord lock washers. they are the only legitimate lock washer on the market and much simpler than the stage 8 bolts. you can buy the washers separate if you want and use them with any manufacturers bolts. i would absolutely weld the slip fit in the middle of the y. i bought lap joint band clamps for the collectors though because i have been through this before and i know they give the best chance of a good seal.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks man I think I will try those washers. I put stainless steel washers on the bolts simple because even though I ran a chaser down each whole to clean out the threads. Some of the bolts seem to bottom out with the stock AC delco gasket with the headers on. But they also seem to be back out alittle with those washers I added. After driving for a while I always seem like I can come back and get a 1/8 of a turn on them.

Is there a good gasket I can run that's as good as the stock two piece metal gasket's. I don't think these cheap Speed engineering gaskets are going to do the trick and I would like something thick than the stock ones.

On another note I had the Y-pipe welded up but it did no good. I contacted AEM and I'm pretty sure it's the sensor. Now it will read for about second or two then just max out at 2.00 lambda in the scanner and stay there. I have a new sensor sitting here ready to go in. But I'm wait to see if AEM will warranty the original one first.

Can?t hurt to replace the sensor. I ordered a set of the factory ac delco manifold gaskets and I haven?t had an issue. If your in a pinch they might be re usable but I don?t think you want to keep bolting and unbolting headers.

Advanced Tuner
    AEM is sending me a new sensor. We?ll see how it does and if I need to move the location.

Advanced Tuner
    Well I got the new sensor from AEM and I also switched the exhaust manifold gaskets to some Remflex gaskets witched seal off the headers nicely.

BUT

It's still reading in the 1.4's mainly.

It's got to be under Transform Selector becasue it seem consistantly off. But I can figure out what numbers to put in there. I even tried the Tunning school spread sheet to figure out the numbers and that didn't work. After I filled that out I got the Input/ .0421 + 8.5 and that didn't work.vcm.JPGvcm.JPG5-6-20 1.4 aem.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Are you using serial, CAN or analog input ? If it's analog, something is off with the conversion because the max range of the analog signal is Lambda 1.22

Advanced Tuner
    I?m using a serial input.

Advanced Tuner
    Since I just replaced the exhaust manifold gasket. I switched the Wideband sensor into the first O2 sensor spot again. And it only makes it go from 1.4 to 1.3.

So I?m not sure what to do at this point. There are no leaks up stream from from the upper O2 bung. Maybe it?s in the wideband controller

Advanced Tuner
    If you are using serial, I can send you a program to verify the output of the controller to make sure there is no math error in your conversion. PM for the link.

Advanced Tuner
    PM sent

Advanced Tuner
    You PM is over quote

Send it to [email protected]

I’ll take all the help I can get thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Got a bit of a rush in the PMs. Should be room. now.

Advanced Tuner
    That worked great and at idol it bounced right around 14.7. So it’s reading correct, so I need to work on my conversion. I have filled the spread sheet out a few times and every-time I make it worse. I’m just not sure what number to put in there.

I tried to do a screen shot from my computer. But my home internet is freaking out right now because of storms. I’ll load it as soon as I can.

Advanced Tuner
    I did the numbers again and what I come up with if it’s .5 off is input (v)/ 6.1538 + 1.080

I never put the .5 into the spreed sheet before. I’m guessing that what I need to put in there for the offset

Advanced Tuner
    Do me a favor; and, obscure the AEM logo on that pic, if you can. Otherwise, people will see it. And, start calling AEM asking for it

If you don't transform the data at all, and, use the raw data from the serial input, you should get the same values as the test program. The serial data is, literally, just text saying:
    "14.7"
    "14.5"
    "14.3"
    etc.

If you get that far, then, dividing by 14.65 will give you lambda, instead of AFR. I remember when I was working on the serial upgrade re-FLASH, I just used the raw data in HPT.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I see how I’m seeing raw data. How do I convert it to lambda in the scanner. I picked EQ ratio and selected either one of the AEM choices. But either one shows the same. Sorry I’m still lost in that part

I just removed the post above sorry

Advanced Tuner
    Are you saying I should put (v)/ 14.65 +0 into the conversation?

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry sometimes I post before I really think about it. So I need to divide it by (v)/ 1.465 + 0 to get the decimal point into the right spot.

Advanced Tuner
    14.65 + 0 got it. Big thanks to Dr. Mike you killed it.

Advanced Tuner
    So often, the simple answer eludes us

If you re-download the program, I fixed the logo issue. So, you can re-post a sample image, if you want.